Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitchman

Curado E or Abu Garcia Revo Toro?

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I am looking for a new baitcaster and have narrowed it down to the Curado E 300 or the Abu Garcia Toro 50 (looking at right hand versions in both). I will have it on a rod from 6'6" to 8ft (most likely 7ft) spooled with 30-50 lb braid and be tossing plugs, jigs and metal from 1/2 - 2.5 ounces (approx). I am looking for something compact, comfy and strong. I have a abu 6501, avet sx mc, but want something lighter that is a right hand retrieve to give my spinning hand a rest (finger started goin numb the other day cwm31.gif). Also will use it for a heavy freshwater rig.....big baits for bass, musky, salmon/trout, etc. I did see Larry Dahlberg land a sailfish on the Curado, that was cool! Which is the better choice (if either)?

Thanks!

I have a combo that sounds just like that. Its a custom built St. Croix Avid Inshore blank 7'6" with a shimano Curado 301. But a 301 I believe is left handed. I think you are going to be looking for a 300. Both are great reels, don't think you can go wrong. Both are stong, with good line cap., and have a good rep.