Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Tomatoes and Peppers FINALLY In..........

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

And all the stakes set and the "grid" tied......

28 tomato plants and 2 tomatillos at the stakes.....you can't see them cause I planted them deep and didn't take close-up pics...

27 Pepper plants and 3 eggplant.....these will get shorter stakes in about a month as they grow....

Tomorrow is a fishing day, but hopefully Thursday or Friday the cuc and squash seedlings will go in..........

With enough rain that is going to be quite a jungle in there eventually. So how do you maneuver in there? We like tomatoes and three or four good plants is enough for my wife and me - what do you do with them all, sauce, freeze, can, or just gorge on fresh?wink.gif

Liked your potato tubs and am trying that with one. If it works I'll do three next year; and save the straw from the oramental grasses for it.

Also like your reports.

Reaux

Tomatoes are 26-28" apart in one direction and 30" apart in the other. Peppers are 20" apart in one direction and 15" apart in the other.

It gets a bit tight, but with staking and tying it is really not that much of a problem. (One of the reasons I don't like cages.)

Other thing I forgot to mention is that lettuce seedlings will get interplanted between the tomatoes within the next few days............

View Post what do you do with them all, sauce, freeze, can, or just gorge on fresh?wink.gif

Um, yes, to all of the above......wink.gif, plus give away a few to friends.......

Nice garden SIM.

Your posts are better with photos, please continue the trend when you go to the OB's in a few weeks cwm15.gif.

View Post

Your posts are better with photos, please continue the trend when you go to the OB's in a few weeks cwm15.gif.

cwm27.gif I plan on it, but hopefully I can get a memory card for the cheapo camera before I go, as I am not sure it can handle 2 weeks worth of photos without it....redface.gif