Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
225Grady

Anna Maria 7/18-8/1 advice needed

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

We are heading to Anna Maria for two weeks in July. Thinking about hauling the boat down and doing some fishing, 225 Grady white. Are there any good marinas there with weekly slips and or boat lifts? What is running that time of year or is it too hot by then.

Dont want to drag the boat 9hrs if its going to be a hassle. The house we are renting really doesnt have enough parking space on the street to keep it there and just use boat ramps.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

I am new to the area myself and have only been out to Anna Maria once....for lunch with the wife. I did notice on the local map a couple of marinas but I don't recall the names and I did a search and came up empty. If I get out there before you come down I'll give you a shout otheriwse maybe call the Anna Maria Chamber of Commerce or the Bradenton Chamber. Bradenton is the next town over and is a bit larger....Anna Maria may even be a part of the town proper itself. Good luck.

I'm heading that way on the 19th.I know theres a marina at the bridge that goes over to Cortez on the right it has slips and a boat lift. I want to say it is in the beach town of Holmes i'll check when we go if B/L doesn't get the info sooner to ya.

As far as fishing out in the Gulf I'm really not sure I usually fish the beach for snook. Good luck !

anna maria island love that place...

snook will be there,out of season,but you can catch all you want...

i would use pinfish,or lady fish live...

go to fast eddies,its on the pier,you can eat(try there grouper sandwich out of this world)you can even fish off that pier,i have caught one of my biggest snook off this pier..

one of the largest hammerheads was caught right down the beach from the pier,so the fishery is awesome there..good luck...

I have a home there and fish via kayak and my flats boat. I'm not sure about short term boat slips or storage, but you might call Rivertown Marina in Bradenton. It's a short drive from the island and is located on the south end of the Manatee River at the mouth. (Good spot to launch from.)

If you are able to keep your trailered boat where you are staying, there are several launches on the island, Kingfisher at the Manatee Avenue/AMI Bridge being the best one.

There are several locations where you can surf fish. Or you can rent a kayak (great kayak fishing area in the flats.) Another option would be just to hire a guide. Send me a PM if you want some names.

Found a place to keep the boat ...H&H marine they seem to be very nice folks.

Looking forward to getting down there next weekend, was in the mountains of SC fly fishing this weekend so what a change that will be.

Any other tips on bait or spots would be appreciated....I wont tell your secrets...LOL

Thanks again all..I am looking forward to Fast Eddies sounds like a great place.

Doug