Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timeforsurf

how big do you think

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

About 15-16 pounds. It's not particularly fat. For a 35" fish to go 20 it would have to look like an oil drum with stripes wink.gif

Think MA Division of Marine Fisheries posts on web site a chart listing typical weights of a striper per length. Pretty accurate Like others said 17-18 for 36 inch fish.

i caught a 41" last year, not particularly fat,, great fish

hi-lo, clams, 10' Fenwick salt stick, 15lb test,,,

sounded like a bullet when he hit it(shimano 4500b baitrunner)

he almost spooled me,,, I was standing there line screaming telling my buddy I couldn't stop him,,, he is laughing and howling "you've got a tuna"

10-15mins later he is getting close and i am screaming at my buddy to get in the wash and get him,,,,, thought it was the fish of a lifetime,,,,, weird, not that i am complaining,, he was dead tired and i felt bad about keeping him,,, i seriously thought about letting him go, but he was spent

i have caught bigger, some just a dead weight and my biggest ever literally swam into the beach

she was safely released i figured around 15 lbs and to clamchucker i have had a 37 inch swim right on to the beach also very strange to see i felt it bite i set the hook then it felt like reeling in air then the fish swam right on to the beach my buddy was just speachless