Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Lami XRA 96 1M Giveaway

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

This may sound strange but when I am outdoors(fishing) I feel like a hunter. I feel like our ancestors did when they had to fish for food. It kind of brings us back to what we once used to be, but we are now losing it with the world.today. When I fish my adrenilyn rushes and I get so excited and everyone looks at mekooky.gif but some don't understand the thrill of the hunt. I have learned patience, providing to myself, and communicating with nature.

Ever since the first day I held a fishing rod at age 4 I haven't had a day in my life where I hadn't thought about fishing. It has completely taken over my life ever since. I'm 15 now and still fish every day and night I can. Here are some pictures from a great morning we had this morning casting at breaking fish. We had 50 fish from 26"-40" on topwater plugs and flies.

Just by helping others, when I can. Especially the young folks, there is nothing more rewarding, than seeing the happy smiling face of a child, hooking into the fish of a lifetime.

I'm not in, just wanted to post that.smile.gif

Fishing has helped me chase away the demons that used to haunt me. When I am on the water (beach/jettie), I am at total peace. The stress of life, past decisions and memories seem to melt away. It helps me put everything into perspective, and focus on the most important things in life (see below).

Thank you for the opportunity.

Years ago it was a competitive thing, fishing contests and tournaments, always trying to win. After a while, I realized that it's supposed to be fun and I get more enjoyment from sharing fishing experiences and stories with others and trying to help others enjoy the sport. Seeing the sun rise over the ocean on a fall morning is a great joy to be shared with others.

Fishing has helped me alot, me and my dad love fishing unfortintly my dads d licsence is suspended so we cant go to much its alwas a risk but for our love of fishing he still drives once a week. When i turn 17 and get my dl ill be at the beach more than a 4 times a week lol i love it, nothing better all my peers at school are doing drugs having sex and drinkin but not me fishing is my drug, i keep honor roll, now dont get me wrong my school isnt bad just kids today seem to party kooky.gif but thats how the outdoors affect me fishing i guess is my anti drug i look forward to it ever sunday. Well thats how it helps me thanks for the chance

The outdoors experience has helped me slow life down. For a long time life seemed to be a series of flash cards between work days. Now when I spend the day with my family hiking or fishing the time seems to last forever. The conversations we have while sitting on a lake bass fishing and using the sun as the only source of time are precious. No distractions and no hurry. Something as simple as sitting at home and tying leaders for the next trip to the surf keeps the TV off and the communication on.

first off wow what a give away you got alot of good karma coming towards youhighfive.gif im not gonna enter this one got to many rods..........any way im just curious as to which blank this is, its not listed on the lamiglas website what is the lenght of the rod ......also im gonna have to copy this wrap on my next rod it looks beautiful especially the but wrap

you must feel really good doing to this smile.gif

Fishing has brought me a long ways over my 40yrs, but one thing it has taught me and help me to see is that there is nothing better or more important in this world than Family, friends, and Fishing. And that no matter what this world throws at you nothing is more important than family they will always stick by you. the way I see it a family that fishes together stays together. Throw in a few good friends and it don't get any better

100_1743.jpg

HPIM06535B15D1.jpg

100_0740.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0518.jpg

" target="_blank">

I've learned a lot by observing things in the wild both first hand and on TV . We're really no different than the wild animals, just more efficient

Sitting in Jack Yee's camper years ago we observed a cormorant diving for fish. The cormorant comes up with a flounder that he caught sideways and was trying to turn it head first to swallow it. A seagull swooped down and tried to steal the flounder. The cormorant ended up losing the flounder skunk.gif , but grabbed the gull by the throat and tried dragging him under water. cwm18.gif The gull broke free briefly and the cormorant got a hold of one leg and dove under again.clapping.gif Eventually the gull got away with his life and the cormorant went back to diving for fish.

sometimes you work hard but to no avail. No credit, no pay, no reward, laid off.

Lesson Life ain't fair, get over it.

I take a walk down to the town beach one morning. The water is crystal clear like a fishbowl and there is life everywhere. A school of bait is swimming up the beach in a sluice being pursued by tinker mackeral and bluefish. They pass quickly, but swimming lazily in the opposite direction are a loose school of teen to twenty pound striped bass picking up the remains of the bluefish feeding frenzy.

I know it can be rewarding doing it by yourself and often necessary, but it's often better to let others do the grunt work.

Lesson Work smart not hard.

I anchor up in eighteen feet of water and start throwing bunker chunks in. It's early in the tide so I'm freespooling without weight. The bunker are frozen so i let out some line and put the clicker on and get back to cutting up chunks. Gulls are pickinhg at the free meal and I spot a few bass as well. I get a runoff while cutting up some chunks and set the hook into a large nasty seagull. After much struggling I get the hook out. later on I throw a fat twenty five into the cooler .

Hey, you just won a million dollars bigeyes.gif all you have to do to collect is......rolleyes.gif

Lesson The best things in life ain't free.

While putting on my wetsuit one evening i observe a group of five raccoons strolling out of the woods. They are walking in size order with the largest in the lead. The big guy jumps up on the garbage can and knocks the lid off as he dives in. Number two dives in as well. A brief struggle ensues with number two being chased out of the can.

The big guy starts tossing garbage out of the can while the others wade through his rejected trash. Some find what they're looking for but others keep nosing around. Number one leaves the can with his prize and number two jumps back in till he finds what he's looking for. He also has to fend off the advances of another coon. The process is repeated till they all walk back into the woods satisfied.

Lesson Mess with the big dog be prepared to take your lumps.

The lion and the leopard are both great hunters, but often lose their meals to the hyenas who mug them for their meals.

Just like the beach buggy/binocular crowd mug the lone caster on the beach

Lesson, there's strength in numbers

The wolf hunts in packs chasing prey over long distances killing it and sharing the meal. Very efficient.

Not unlike the cellphone crowd on the beach who stretch out over a wide range till the prey is found then call their buds to reap the harvest

Lesson Teamwork pays off

Thwn there's the chimp who digs eating termites. Now i'm sure some enjoy the chalenge of picking them off one at a time but there are others cwm40.gif who use a stick and hold it to the nest. When the termites crawl up the stick the chimp licks them off in bunches,

not unlike loading up on bait before a trip using a mackeral tree or sabicki rig.

Lesson Use the right tool for the job.

Most of all I value the friendships I've made over the last twenty years of walking the beach and all the people I've met over most of my life time spent in the outdoors.beers.gifshaky.gif

The day I realized that a 6-inch sea bass caught off the bulkhead while fishing with her is so much better than a 30-pounder off the beach.

Thanks for the chance!