Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skinnywater

Garden Pics

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Well everyone else was doing itsmile.gif This is about 12 days ago- things are looking better. Bok choi, hot peppers,sweet peppers,2 kinds of beets,2 kinds of carrot,radishes,tomatos of all sizes/colors,eggplant,peas,poll beans,cukes, red potatoes, brussel sprouts, plus lots of horseradish ! things have been thinned out and replanted. Made a huge trellis for the beans and cukes as you can see.

excellent!smile.gif

I see you don't have a deer problem. I'm very jealous. I would plant so much more if not for those vegetable vacum cleanersmad.gif

Digger

I envy all you guys with flourishing veggie gardens...If I had to post a picture of mine, it would be all brown in the front (beets and carrots never took off) and all the pepper and tomato plants not doing too good eitherredface.gif

My first year veggie gardening is turning out to be real crappy...I hope I can pull one beet and carrot this year.

nice set up - that is some big patch of horseradish. drool.gif

I don't have much space so I interplant my veggies with flowers. We don;t have deer issues but rabbits can clear out seedlings almost as fast.

Just got my cukes in today. Tomatoes should be this week and peppers will have to wait a little they are not big enough yet.

We are growing bush beans this year - no need for trellis and easier for the kids to pick them.

v.

View Postnice set up - that is some big patch of horseradish. drool.gif

agreed, big patch of horseradish !

big garden altogether - nice work

I agree with digger - my deer population would do that garden in in a NY minute tongue.gif

Okay, what am I missing here with the deer comments.....from what I see, only thing outside the fence is the bean/cuc trellis and the horseradish.

While the deer may get to the beans, they ain't gonna touch the cucs, and they certainly will only nibble at the horseradish and then go away. And with the size of that fenced in area, they certainly can't hop inside........headscratch.gif

Skinny - has does the bok choy do? Never grown it, but is something I probably should. And I am jealous of the horseradish patch.....icon14.gif

this is a 4 foot fence

when my garden was of this size - I did 4 foot on top of 4 foot for 8 ft high

when August rolled around and my garden was in its prime, one doe gave it a crack, got hung up on the fence, took the whole side down and the herd followed her inside

that was the last year I had a garden [til I switched to box beds alongside the house]

We have deer here I put some 8ft polls in the ground and ran some wire around the whole garden to the top- so I have at least 6ft of coverage or more around the whole thing now. never had a problem with deer its the damn woodchucks that I have had problems with. this year I sunk a 2ft metal fence in the ground about 1ft all around the outside. Nothing touches the horseradish- thats one of 3 patches I have- if anyone needs some just send me a SASBE- and I will hook you up.

Steve- the bok choi grows excellent- very fast and can be used at all stages of growth. You can plant it all year and like's the cool weather the best from what I have seen.

View PostLooks like you garden is on a golf course.. Very nice landscape around your garden...

Thank you very much- it takes a lot of my time, that's not even half of what I mow.

View Postwhat's a SASBE- ?

Self addressed stamped bubble envelope.