Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish350ME

UMASS boston area...

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Im heading to UMASS boston to stay with a friend at his appartment. I was wondering if anyone has ever had any luck in the area, and if anyone knows of some spots. thanks in advance!

Walk out your back door. Can be good with the right tide. Used to fish there quite a bit.

Check around at low tide, there is alot under the high tide that will tell you where fish will hide on the incoming and outgoing(!).......

Or go to fore river in Quincy and pick his brain. Fore river is one unique place man.

When I lived out there I used to have a whole drive that I would do in the fall, down 3a, go over to Neponset Bait and Tackle, shoot the breeze with Daryl and then try to figure out what he just told me as I drove over to fore river.

It is fishy around there. Do some searches on the web for Jack Gartside and you will find enough to get started with.

FYI My wife lost what I am sure was a 30lber on the rocks near umass boston. Bring a long piece of rope with you & always map out and even practice what you are going to do if you catch a LARGE.....

Tightlines,

Stroth

thanks for all the help guys. i actually got skunked in the area sunday when i went. the wind was brutal, and we couldnt really find a good area that wasnt ruined by the wind. i was tossing sluggos, but saw some other guys chunking. which is better in the area bait or lures?

View PostFore River's open, but Neponset is closed.

There is a bait shop in Neponset still. Van's Bait shop 353 Neponset Ave. Not as well stocked as PJ's but it will do in a fix. It's a couple of blocks up from Neponset circle across from Garvey Park.

Anybody ever try Neponset River dumps into the harbor? I was thinkin' about givin it a shot, just wonderin' if anyone has already tried. You would assume there'd be some action goin on there.

View PostAnybody ever try Neponset River dumps into the harbor? I was thinkin' about givin it a shot, just wonderin' if anyone has already tried. You would assume there'd be some action goin on there.

Haven't tried yet, but have seen lots of guys in that area. Work right by there some times and have been thinking of trying to get in there someday after work. There is some parking down by Boston Scientific.

i actually tried that area on sunday. They were two guys chunkin when i walked by them. but i headed down towards the bride to try throwing sluggos. the wind was really too strong to do anything.