Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptainRy

Mackerel Reports...

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Square tie... Do you know where in Salisbury they are picking up macks? I was out by breaking rocks yesterday and only picked up 1 to live line. You can PM, so that it is not posted.

THANKS!

There were Mackerel around the Islands today outside of the Harbor along with the jumbo bass. I wish I could have gotten my kayak out there on em. Boat fish don't count. cwm27.gif My time for those jumbo's in the yak is getting closer and closer. I hope June is 1/2 as good inshore as last year with the yak..oh baby!

Captain,

Was out in the harbor this morning and loaded up on Macks. I was in 75' of water and was catching them all day about 15-20 feet down. Went to graves and live lined a couple. Caught 3 stripers, kept 1 measuring in at 33". I say the Macks will be gone in a week.

Great day out on the water.

Last year the Macks stayed till July in the Harbor Islands. That was rare. June macks came in tight to Revere, Winthrop Beach and Deer Island. I hope the same thing happens again but in tight and yakable. icon14.gif

I'm out of the north shore and was out on Sat and had macs in the boat no more than 20 secs after putting in a line...had 20 macs in the boat in about 4 mins....eventually led to getting my dad hooked up with a nice 31" fatty!!! Found them in about 60' of water past the islands....

ill be heading out of salem/marblehead harbor tomorrow for the first time this year, looking to jig up some mackeral to live line, has the bait been thick in the harbor? any thoughts, suggestions? not really a boat guy so any information will help.

View Postill be heading out of salem/marblehead harbor tomorrow for the first time this year, looking to jig up some mackeral to live line, has the bait been thick in the harbor? any thoughts, suggestions? not really a boat guy so any information will help.

Mouth of both harbors, SE of Tinkers, and E of Halfway are worth jigging if the macks are still around. I got some pogies yesterday.