Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SeeBass

Broad Channel Island Question

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone fished this island on the other side of the Cross Bay Blvd Bridge. It's big enough and well enough known so I don't believe I'm spot burning. Does anyone know if you are able to fish by the subway line? Went there the other day and there were signs up that said it was a $500 fine due to the plovers. Others had said that they fished over by that area, but $500 is steep! Any info would be much appreciated.

Before you take internet advice on what is legal. I suggest you get some gps numbers then make a call to gateway. I am sure the signs you are talking about signs posted by Gateway. Then once you know the answer then make your choice weather you want to take your changes.

Has anyone fished that area. A local Bait and Tackle shop steered me in that direction. The fine is pretty steep and Gateway is not answering the phones. Want to do some night fishing.

Now I'm scared cwm40.gif. I hear you. It was sketchy after the sun went down. Went over to the Shellbank Basin side and it seemed like I wasn't welcome. But the other side between the Blvd and the Train tracks is spooky looking. I gotta bring a fishing buddy.

Thanks guys I will call. I have the gateway pass but it won't get me in there. It does have all the contact info and so does the internet. I call before I venture into the wilderness that is the county of Queens.

Would love to hear if anyone has hit that area.