Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hybrid09

Refinish an old rod.

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hi all. What do you use to refinish a rod? I have a few old rods that the shiny coat is all scratched and faded and want to refinish the whole rod. Is there something I can apply to the surface of thw whole rod to bring back that shine? Thanks

View Posthttp://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=660168

You don't need to use the 2K mentioned regular clear auto touch up can work ok. Permagloss also works good as long as your not painting a color under then it can be a PIA.

Have you tried painting and then using the Lumiseal yet? I have been told it doesnt cure as "hot" as the permagloss. I have used it on some repair work for some old rods and like it better than permagloss so far, but havent tried it over paint yet, as soon as I get some time I will though on some scraps.

View PostHave you tried painting and then using the Lumiseal yet? I have been told it doesnt cure as "hot" as the permagloss. I have used it on some repair work for some old rods and like it better than permagloss so far, but havent tried it over paint yet, as soon as I get some time I will though on some scraps.

No I haven't tried it yet. I stared at the bottle at the Highpoint show and said Nah... I really don't care how anyone does it! I have a method that works for me. It might seem overwelming or to much for some. Give the lumiseal a try or just plain old Duplicolor touch up color and clear.