Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lbifisherman429

What Tins is everyone using

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

What tins is everyone using? I have been using hopkins, With the way the prices jumped in the local shops i want to see what else is out there.

Also i am not opposed to pouring my own out of lead, i just dont know how to make the eye stable or so that it doesnt break easily

what is the best bang for your buck tin, if hopkins are good i dont mind paying for them just looking for other options

this year i am making wire leaders for blitzes so i dont lose as many buy what else can i do

There is a guy out of my town that makes tins I dont know who he is or how to get in touch with him but I see his stuff from time to time in B&T's. Good stuff at the fraction of the price

Pt Jude icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

In particular the Sea Scallop

I gotta get a few of the new blue ones and a few of the gold ones

Herring and Peanuts heart.gif

Isn't "Graves" the name of one from up y'alls way? I got 3 of something like that, that worked great at Hatteras for Blues and Macks, still have 'em, but no packages. I use shorty Hopkins for Flounder, but never seen the technique used by anyone else....

Edit: Thanks, Charlie Graves icon14.gif

Pt.Jude are dominating my tins.They are local in RI and good guys.First time I talked to Joe he handed me a couple and told me to try them out when fish are beyond my reach.That type of courtesy sells the front row in my tin pouches.Support your local guys.I'd rather put a dollar in the little guys pocket than support the CEO's from the big companies.Plus Pt.Jude work great to boot.I've got bass and blues on them.I have the new tube tail one I'm gonna give a workout this season.

I've used all types, and unless I'm on a boat jiggin' (which I don't do too often), I only use Pt. Jude now.

Hopkins shorty > Kastmaster > others

Distance is important to me but also is the ease of covering different water columns.

Didn't come across any Pt. Jude here at the Left Coast tackle shops but like the profile. How do they cast?

View PostHopkins shorty > Kastmaster > others

Distance is important to me but also is the ease of covering different water columns.

Didn't come across any Pt. Jude here at the Left Coast tackle shops but like the profile. How do they cast?

They cast very well!