Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sos_bigtopper

How do you find out the current 2009 Gold Pin Chain Pickerel in Massachusetts

16 posts in this topic

How do you find out the current 2009 Gold Pin Chain Pickerel in Massachusetts. I caught a 4.6 the other day and was wondering if that may be in the lead?

Also how do you get your scale certified?

View PostThey will stay alive long enough in a big cooler filled with water. Gold pin is usually close to 7 lbs. every year.

No freakin way....they may look alive but they will go back into the lake and die just like many of the LMB do after the tourneys. Pickerel are very fragile. Unless you are close to the dock when you catch it even a 20 minute stay in a cooler is death.

I have done this with many fish. Big cooler, ice added, portable airrater. Granted the longer the fish is out it has a chance to die. Fish that are taken care of not always die. There is always some mortality in bass tournies but the majority of fish survive.

If you want a certified scale, you should buy a reuben heaton scale. I'm not sure what other brands are certifiable but once you get one, bring it to your city hall. They have a weights and measures department that will confirm your scale as certifiable and put a sticker on it.

If your want big pickeral fish the Concord River, some nice ones in there.

View Post I'm not sure what other brands are certifiable but once you get one, bring it to your city hall. They have a weights and measures department that will confirm your scale as certifiable and put a sticker on it.

I believe the IGFA will certify a Boga...

Chris

View Post

If your want big pickeral fish the Concord River, some nice ones in there.

Those would be northern pike. And yes I have caught some huge pike in the Concord.