Let's have a giveaway

Rate this topic

Nobody wants this thing and I need to make space.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...d.php?t=643592

I need some ideas on how this can work. I dont wanna do the "I'm in" with a random number generator as I think this item warrants a little more. I was thinkin something down the lines of having some lesser experienced people pose some questions theyve always wanted to ask followed by answers by our resident sharpies. The rod would go to the person with the best question or answer. I understand that just about every answer to just about every question can be found by searching, but this'll be fresh and hopefully we'll touch on something different or just remind ourselves of the basics. No questions or answers in this thread, just ideas on how to make the giveaway fun and rewarding for all. A seperate giveaway thread will be started either here or on the main forum. I posted here cuz I dont wanna ship this thing; perhaps that's unfair. I can polly be convinced otherwise.

ps -the reel was sold already, only the rod's up for grabs.

im in..

a question i have wondered as a somewhat noob but never dared to ask for some reason was..

what kinda rod's are best for bridges? i normally use a 7 ft or 8 ft, to do alot of jiggin, but what if i brought up to the bridge my 10 footer? does having a larger rod make it more difficult to bring in the fish?

when unknown fish are popping on the surface at 1am in an inlet this time of year and all you can do is hear them what kind of things would you throw? Fish wont hit bombers worked slow or fast, jigs, or shads. I was thinking small bucktails but this is an extremely common event in NJ bays that I havent been able to crack!

View Postwhen unknown fish are popping on the surface at 1am in an inlet this time of year and all you can do is hear them what kind of things would you throw? Fish wont hit bombers worked slow or fast, jigs, or shads. I was thinking small bucktails but this is an extremely common event in NJ bays that I havent been able to crack!

It could be grass shrimp or the worm hatch. When the worm hatch happens it usually makes fishing very tough. I have learned over the last few years to throw the Ronz lures and have even gotten lucky on the freshwater rubber worms. Sometimes switching 6-7 colors before I find the right one. I am still trying to figure out the grass shrimp one. I have caught a few fish on a Texas rigged shrimp I picked up last year but not enough where I would reccomend it.

just a question, what percentage of casts do you catch fish on? In other words about how many fish per cast? Obviously it'll be different for plug fishing and bait fishing so say what type of fishing your doing.

(*edited - member formerly know as 'backbaysofnj')

View PostNo questions or answers in this thread, just ideas on how to make the giveaway fun and rewarding for all. A seperate giveaway thread will be started either here or on the main forum.

I guess most people didn't read the whole way through the original post.

I know this is totally opposite from your original idea, but I thought I'd post it anyway in case you liked the idea... What about a giveaway to the member who releases the largest striped bass from now until July 1st, in NJ. Might encourage a few guys to release a couple of the big girls, and still get a sweet reward for it.

Awesome gesture anyway, in giving away the rod...clapping.gif

View PostI guess most people didn't read the whole way through the original post.

I know this is totally opposite from your original idea, but I thought I'd post it anyway in case you liked the idea... What about a giveaway to the member who releases the largest striped bass from now until July 1st, in NJ. Might encourage a few guys to release a couple of the big girls, and still get a sweet reward for it.

Awesome gesture anyway, in giving away the rod...clapping.gif

Thats a good idea but how you going too "PROVE" they let it go they could lie about it.

View PostWhere do you fish clams for stipers? Close or far from beach? Does the same go for the bay? Thanks

It depends on the structure of the spot your fishing, were the fish will most likely be. Stage of tide plays a factor also... But if your not sure, space your baits out and see what works best...icon14.gif

But the real pros will tell you to troll clambrella rig wink.gifwink.gif