Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BranfordJeff

Golf Outing

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

UGH, a friend is holding a golf outing fundraiser for her olympic bobsled run this winter. My boss agreed to pay for one foursome, and since I asked him to, he put me in charge of picking the 4. I was praying he'd buy at leeast 2 foursomes, now people are going to be pissed for not getting free golf. UGH! I asked my boss, he's in. Now who else do i ask and not piss people off. Quandary.

Anyone else ever get themselves into a pickle like this?

And yeah, I wish all my life problems were this simple. At least no attorneys are involved in this one. yet.

Pick the ones who will make the decisions in getting you a raise/promotion. icon14.gif

You raffle them off and the people who the boss doesn't care for win, could make for a uncomfortable 18 holes. Just my $.02. Good luck!

View PostPick the ones who will make the decisions in getting you a raise/promotion. icon14.gif

You raffle them off and the people who the boss doesn't care for win, could make for a uncomfortable 18 holes. Just my $.02. Good luck!

Thanks! Good ideas.

View PostUGH, a friend is holding a golf outing fundraiser for her olympic bobsled run this winter. My boss agreed to pay for one foursome, and since I asked him to, he put me in charge of picking the 4. I was praying he'd buy at leeast 2 foursomes, now people are going to be pissed for not getting free golf. UGH! I asked my boss, he's in. Now who else do i ask and not piss people off. Quandary.

Anyone else ever get themselves into a pickle like this?

And yeah, I wish all my life problems were this simple. At least no attorneys are involved in this one. yet.

Well, the boss has the ultimate say in how many foursomes he'll pay for, so that's not on you for them to be pissed at. (Blame him or her if it comes to thatwink.gif)

Try putting names into a hat and drawing for the last two... I assume you're in the foursome as well, no? (That sounds dirty)

View PostI'm a crappy golfer,

which will give you ample opportunity to showcase your abilities and rescue my balls from water hazards.......

It kind of seems like you are trying to be humorous. Kind of.

Find out how many people want to play golf. Add up the cost for the number of people and divide by the total number including the free ones.

ie.

8 people want to play. 4 spots need to be paid for at say $100/ea. Therefore each person only pays $50.