Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spigola

ATTENTION G.I.'s Freshwater giveaway

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Today I was at the local Pepboy having some work done on the old Jeep and was fortunate enough to see a young Marine sergeant with a baby face and a chest full of medals. I shook his hand to thank him for his service to our country and have to admit I always choke up when I do that. It made me think that there is something I should be able to do for one of our young servicemen/women so that they can have a bit of fun fishing.headscratch.gif

I came home and put together a Plano box loaded with freshwater plugs, worms, spinnerbaits etc. Also some ultralite grubs and jig heads. Most of this stuff is like new except that the worm packages were open.

This box and it's contents will be sent FREE to the first Marine, Soldier, Airman, Sailor who says "I'LL TAKE IT" as a response to this thread. The only catch is that he/she must give me his/her address on a military base anywhere in the world so that I know it is a member of our Armed Forces I am sending it to.

Thank you and God bless all of you.

Spigola

Spig, my hat is off to you! I have a bunch of freshwater gear, otherwise I'd take it.

It would be really cool to see this go to a GI that just got back from a deployment and is gonna take his young son/daughter fishing.

Again, thank you for the teriffic gesture, and THANK YOU to all who have served and still serve this great country! clapping.gif

View PostThe fish "eat em up".

How you been Wes?

The fish eat em up, you bet cwm27.gif It is a brand as well, salt impregnated... the ringworms are the bomb for Smallies wink.gif

Been better, but have been much worse! Not complaining, gearing up for the fresh for a while....

Hope you're hanging bro! smile.gif

View PostThe fish eat em up, you bet cwm27.gif It is a brand as well, salt impregnated... the ringworms are the bomb for Smallies wink.gif

Been better, but have been much worse! Not complaining, gearing up for the fresh for a while....

Hope you're hanging bro! smile.gif

Six years cancer free this month!beers.gifclapping.gif

I am not looking for kudos & applause. I want a GI to step forward and accept these lures in the spirit they are intended.

There's gotta' be one person reading this website who is in the military and fishes fresh water.

How about I make it easier and say that if you have a relative in the military and he/she likes to freshwater bass fish, and give me his/her address, I will send this to them.

Spig

That's a fine thing to do Spig.I've never had to pleasure in meeting you in person but hopefully one day I will.If your ever up in these necks of the woods give me a holler & I'll take you for a ride on the boat.Being a Vet myself I know this will mean a lot to someone............God Bless