Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jordanp

Enjoy the Hunt

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I know we all want to catch.

How many of you really enjoy the hunt to figure out the bite each year.

I find that's what I really enjoy. "The Hunt".

Don't get me wrong, I do get a stupid grin on my mug when I land a big one.

Most fun part is getting fish after you sat down and figured out the moon, the tide stage ,where you go them last time. When it all comes together even a small fish feels good.

If your like me that work until 6pm and only allowed to go out once or twice a week and limited to how far you could travel to fish, then enjoy every second your out there, no matter if you catch or not. When I decide to go out I dont care about tide, moon phase, and whatever, I just go and have a blast no matter what. But when I do catch something you could see the smile in my face a mile away biggrin.gif .

View PostIf your like me that work until 6pm and only allowed to go out once or twice a week and limited to how far you could travel to fish, then enjoy every second your out there, no matter if you catch or not. When I decide to go out I dont care about tide, moon phase, and whatever, I just go and have a blast no matter what. But when I do catch something you could see the smile in my face a mile away biggrin.gif .

I get up at 3:00 am and go fishing before work at 7:00 am. Or I go out all night. (after the kids are asleep)

You have all winter to sleep.

I love the hunt. I love catching and I love seeing things that people that have there fat A$$es planted on the couch will never see.

That's one of the best parts. Catching, to me, is merely a small piece of the puzzle. I like the solitude, comraderie, sunsets and sunrises on the water, watching the ecosystems from within, watching a well-built plug come to life in the water,...and yes, I also enjoy catching.

Definitely, the hunt is what it's about, though catching would be nice. Oddly, if I'm not catching (like this year??) the desire to go out is even greater.

confused.gif

Not just the hunt but the strategy as well. I love to experiment with a new lure and see exactly how it will react. I enjoy absorbing the slightest bit of new info into my already crammed "mental dateabase" and applying it on the water. Even in the off season going through my gear teardowns and doing maintenece making sure everything to the last lubed bearing is in perfect order. The list goes on and on. Including the sights I have seen and admired all along the coastal regions I have traveled. To this day, a smile comes over my face everytime I go through my livingroom and see the picture of me fishing with the Montauk light in the background. Just to have stood let alone fish where so many successful and admired bass men have made their mark is humbling.