Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pedalman

Canal...5/28

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

First time to the Canal this year (I know I am late) and broke my rod tip on a 42in Striper. I wish I could say it was the fish that broke it but since this is the biggest striper I have caught at the ditch it seems understandable that when I got it on the rock's I was so excited that I stepped on the tip and broke it frown.gif when I was unhooking her. Got 2 other smaller keeper's and some schoolies. It was the best rod breaking experience I have ever had.smile.gif ...John

Sweet! Good way to break a rod though. A few years back I was fishing a rocky place in RI, go figure, and I landed a 20+ pound fish.. Got it up in the rocks, and laid the rod down to hold the fish to get the two sets of trebles out if its face, when it gave me a good shake and flopped into the water, yanking the rod with it and somehow breaking the ring inside the first guide up on the rod as it slid across the rocks. I kept the fish and repaired the rod. redface.gif

Congrats - I fished the West End this AM from 5-7, with only two schoolies to show for it. Did't see much else caught, schoolies and a blue by a guy nearby - across the way saw a few fish kept, and heard talk of other guys getting keepers down the road - work definently interferes with my fishing....

I was at the ast end last night for the low tide.

Very little surface action, but there were some good fish down below.

I only fished a couple of hours, but managed over a half dozen fish with at least 2 keepers. The last one was a definite drag buster over 40".

I can't wait to hit the canal again!

Yes, work most definitely messes with life's higher priorities. cwm13.gif40.gifmad.gif

-bd

View PostCongrats - I fished the West End this AM from 5-7, with only two schoolies to show for it. Did't see much else caught, schoolies and a blue by a guy nearby - across the way saw a few fish kept, and heard talk of other guys getting keepers down the road - work definently interferes with my fishing....

View PostCongrats - I fished the West End this AM from 5-7, with only two schoolies to show for it. Did't see much else caught, schoolies and a blue by a guy nearby - across the way saw a few fish kept, and heard talk of other guys getting keepers down the road - work definently interferes with my fishing....

I was there at the west end this morning too, those guys across the way were making a racket but sounded like they were into a few fish! very slow otherwise, only 1 blue to show for me, and i lost a nice blue mack pencil, unfortunately it was operator error..

View PostI was there at the west end this morning too, those guys across the way were making a racket but sounded like they were into a few fish! very slow otherwise, only 1 blue to show for me, and i lost a nice blue mack pencil, unfortunately it was operator error..

I think I saw your pencil float by, at least I know I saw one - casted at it twice, wanted a freebie, but no luck - anyways, things this AM looked promising...theres always next time.