Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firinne

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Anyone here familiar with it? My sons got it for their Mom on Mothers Day and it's a pretty big hit with her! My youngest son is in Spain studying abroad and now he is able to talk to his Mom and also be visable. Pretty cool!

I talked to my brother in Florida last night about him and I both getting it and making sure it works ok. Then I will install it on my mom's laptop so she can see and talk to her grandchildren. Did you get version 4.0 or 3.8?

View PostI talked to my brother in Florida last night about him and I both getting it and making sure it works ok. Then I will install it on my mom's laptop so she can see and talk to her grandchildren. Did you get version 4.0 or 3.8?

Speck, I'm not sure what they got. One thing I did notice is the video looks like its coming from thew Space Shuttle.....sort of slow motion like!

This weekend my brother and I each got Skype and checked it out. Unfortunately he bought a cheap $50 camera at Radio Shack and his transmitted picture sucks. It is pixilated. Maybe it is his internet connection? Anyway hooked my mom up and she got to see her youngest grandchild for the first time. Now they have set up a time to talk each week. My sister got it yesterday and tried to talk with my mom but my mom had no volume. Had to run over this morning and somehow she had turned her Skype speaker off and changed it to headphones.

The picture quality between my mom and I is awesome. If you don't have this, get it.

I've been using Skype for over a year now, Works pretty good and all Skype to Skype calls are free, Ya can't beat that!