Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

Warren Haynes... where does he stack up nowadays?

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

IMO, Warren has stepped into the forefront of todays "great" guitar players.. I'll tell you why.. Not only are his skills AWESOME, he has shown the ability to adapt and play different styles of music and hes doing this recently while playing with 3 MAJOR bands at the same time.. Allman Bros, Govt Mule and now the Dead. think of the music library this dude has in his head. We all know about how good he is in the Allmans, and most of us know Govt Mule, great stuff.. but his work with the Dead on this past tour, was astounding. He gave the fans bits and pieces of Jerry, paid respect to the music and how it was supposed to be played, but he put his "warren" stamp on it. Obviously, he was absolutely incredible playing some of the Deads Blues songs.. he really shined, his voice is another thing that puts him to the top of the musicians of today. The combo of voice, playing ability, and the fact that hes doing it with 3 major acts today..

what say you all???

BC

View PostHe gave the fans bits and pieces of Jerry,

I agree. I havent seen Warren in action but I do have to say that Jerry had the weirdest (in a good way) presence on stage. Larger than life but not a 'showman'. Huge presence while just standing there. Or maybe it was the pot I was smoking back then biggrin.gif

I approve this thread!

Warren is the man. Nuff said.

I dont care who he plays with....he lays it down.

Cant wait till August when he is sure to join my friends and yours, Widespread Panic on stage!!

beers.gif

Music is not a competition, but he's the most prolific guitar player of today, and possibly ever.

He plays what, 300 tour dates a year, and most of those shows are availible for purchase or download... plus he is on 2-3 major release albums a year (solo, Gov't Mule, as a guest with others, etc)..... the guy puts out a TON of music. Gotta love him.

agreed, he's very talented

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fans may have any opinion they want; the proof of his abilities lies in the list of bands who hire him to play. His peers obviously think very highly of him. Enough saidclapping.gifclapping.gif

View PostI Concur !! Not only can he Jam he's one of the nicest guys you will ever meet !

Attachment 247282

wink.gif

I recognize Warren Haynes but who is that other jamoke?moon.gifmoon.gif

What is up Steve? I have enjoyed everything I have heard from this spring tour