WTB flat sideplate 5500

looking for a good condition abu 5500 with dual cast control and flat sideplates.. not too concerned about cosmetics.. very concerned about mechanics... whatcha got? not looking for a $100+ reel.

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. But, if you teach a man to fish, he will spend all his money on fishing tackle and won't be able to afford to eat!

Hi, TB....is the reason you want an early 5500, because of the higher speed

(4.7-1) gearing, up from the early 5000's 3.8-1?

I will see what I have down on level two of the parts bench. I have plenty of 5's with dual end caps, but uncertain on the 55. Best, KD

No, that's not it.. i am looking for one of the newer versions (with the bearings in the spool) to convert to a tournament reel.. a 5000 would actually be fine also..

If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. But, if you teach a man to fish, he will spend all his money on fishing tackle and won't be able to afford to eat!

View PostHey John, I have several sets of 5500 and 6500 sides. Some new and some used already set up for and/or with center mag units. Give me a call after 9:00am...Mike.....804-895-5466

the only thing i have IS the sideplates.