Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLDig

a big ole fat thank you

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

to those who helped me out through my little rough patch...

you know who you are. it was all appreciated... from the funds to the hugs and PM's and phone calls and wishes.

i'm in a bit of a better place right now. i got my crying out finally saturday night at my dad's house. stepmom went to cousin's funeral, and my dad's dog won't let anyone else in the house if they aren't there... so i got to dogsit. poor dog is grieving pretty hard. he wouldn't leave my side, even when stepmom came home. kinda sad.

got all of dad's stuff moved from the storage unit to their house where she can more easily go through it. if you know anyone who wants to buy enough NASCAR die cast cars to open their own shop, let me know. between staying in his house without him there and moving his stuff back home, it became pretty final for me. even though i still pick up the phone sometimes to call him and ********, i know now that he's gone.

bills are all caught up, couldn't have done that without you guys, and friday at noonish my co-worker and i are closing the office early and heading out for paducah, kentucky.... the quilting capital of the country. gonna spend a coupla nights there and go to the quilting museum and hit about 100 fabric stores. woohoo! wild weekend out. i can't tell you how much i'm looking forward to it.

as for that guy... well, he still calls, but i let him know that i do not trust him anymore, that i do not respect him anymore. i told him he could call if he wanted, but moving down here with me was no longer an option as i really like the roommate that i have. i asked if there was someone else, he said no. which is a shame, because that would have been easier to accept than just vanishing for no reason. so he calls, hoping that some day i'll trust him again and love him again... and i know that i probably won't and have told him as much. his loss.

i also dropped out of taekwondo for a while starting last thursday. tired of always being in pain. tired in general. took on way too much at one time. quilting i can do when i want to... and i'm GOING fishing this summer. found me a nice bluegill pond not too far away. plan on attacking it regularly. between my shoulder and the shin splints, i realize that neither of them are going to stop hurting if i don't stop doing what makes them hurt. Duh.

i'm good at the quilting. not so much at the taekwondo. quilting is relaxing, not so much the taekwondo.

anyways, thanks again to all of you... i'm almost back to my "normal" self.

working on it pretty hard anyways.

Breastplates and Bluegills -- That's a direct to DVD movie waiting to happen icon14.gif

Glad things are moving along for ya Tam! highfive.gif

Tam, I lost my dad about 3 1/2 years ago. It never gets any easier to handle, but you will think about it less.

Yeah, I still go for the phone to try to call him, but not as much as i used ot. I miss the old fart.

Be well, take care of yourself.

Tammy, glad you are in a better place....smile.gif

So, when are we gonna see you on The Home and Garden Network, teaching us all how to quilt at 7:00 weekday mornings? wink.gif

ummmm, i don't get up that early. ever.

so it'll probably be a while.wink.gif

i do however feel that everyone here should send a 6 inch square of cotton fabric to me and i'll make timmy and carole their very own SOL quilt. cwm27.gif

Am sure they probably don't film until 1PM............wink.gif

As far as swatches, get in touch with Arby, maybe he still has this, which you could make a theme quilt from.....wink.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=183623&d=122

It's good to hear that you're getting back to normal kiddo smile.gif

I'd like to thank IronMike for the huge help in getting the auctions up and running most of them for me clapping.gif

And everyone else for helping out.

It really is a wonderful family we have here. icon14.gif

Glad to hear that you are picking yourself up Tammy and getting on with lifesmile.gif . Quilting is a good hobby my mothern-in-law did the last one I saw at the age of 88-89 1/2, yes it took her a year and a half to complete but it is very well done.