Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
9wait

can this be fixed?

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

hey guys..... need to know if this rod can be fixed..... its a 11'6" Team Daiwa Surf series....... broke at the ferrule...... can this be made into a 1 piece or can someone fix the ferrule... ? just looking at my options in case Daiwa wont replace it.... any help would be great, thanks!

Is this an overfit joint. Ie the top section fits over the male bottom section of the blank. It looks that way to me and the broken off bit looks like part of the male section. Easiest way to fix is get a new bottom section and go from there. Next option is to get a spigot made and glue inside males part of blank once cutting back to good material. Unless you have access to a decent lathe it is not easy to make exact fit spigots. There is also the issue of the blank having enough wall thickness. If this rod is newish and under warrenty and you did not abuse it it is very very likely that Daiwa will sort this out for you.

Mike

View PostIs this an overfit joint. Ie the top section fits over the male bottom section of the blank. It looks that way to me and the broken off bit looks like part of the male section. Easiest way to fix is get a new bottom section and go from there. Next option is to get a spigot made and glue inside males part of blank once cutting back to good material. Unless you have access to a decent lathe it is not easy to make exact fit spigots. There is also the issue of the blank having enough wall thickness. If this rod is newish and under warrenty and you did not abuse it it is very very likely that Daiwa will sort this out for you.

Mike

cool... thanks for the response...... yeah it "was" a brand new rod... took the tags off it the night before.... i called Daiwa and they said to ship it back for inspection...... hope they replace it.....

just wanted to get some opinions in case they say i am s.o.l......... thanks again Mike...