Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soogi

Lamiglas Inshore Classic or Tri Flex

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up one of the two above mentioned rods for bass and blues, versatility is welcome (i.e. fluking). I want to go light, I am also a habitual high sticker. I got a saltiga 20 as a gift, i want to use that on this setup. Oh yeh...this is going to be used on a boat, but again i want to go light. going to be fishing between 2-6 weight, some live lining. The inshore classic I was looking at is either the 7'- 70h or the 7'6"-76h. the triflex is the 7'- 7030c. Any comments jokes and or rude remarks are welcome. Thanks in advance fellas and felletts.

Soogi

I have an 8' inshore classic rated 3/4-3 oz. I use it for casting storm shads, buck tails and some lures. I don't use it for bait. I love this rod. Don't know much about the triflex but I think you would probably be better off with it if you intend to use it for live lining.

View Postthanks mike....good luck with the return on your ic..don't for see any prob. with you getting it, but its just the inconvenience.

Thanks I'm sure it will all work out. The rod that broke was a 8' spinner that I just bought. The 1 I was telling you about is a casting rod that Ive had for almost a year. I have it paired with a 6501 pro rocket heart.gif

yeh.. I was readin the post you made earlier. Its funny both loomis and lami have die hard followings. I pledge my alligence to lami. And both have been known to blow up without provocation confused.gif . Doesn't mean I am going to stop thoughwink.gif . thanks again mike.

K - the guy who recommended teh Seeker 708 is close to what I'm going to tellyou. Seeker made me an Inshore Lite blank, which is very similar to teh 708, but it has a moderate bend, and it is flat out unbreakable. I can take the tip and bend it in a U back towards the butt, no worries abotu high sticking. I've just recieved teh shipment of blanks in, and am going to be busy wrapping these - Captain gregg of the Ocean Eagle ordered 1 of these for bottom fishing (and the INshore HEavy for Blackfishing), Steve of the Sea Queen asked me to make him 2 for worming Striped Bass, and George who works on the MArylin JEan ordered 2 blanks so he can make them up for Ocean Fluking wiht up to 10oz in Ambrose, and in the Bay with as little as 3oz.

I'll be down in SHB probably Saturday morning with the finished rods if you want to check out how light they are, and how right they are for the fishing we do. IF you or anyone else wants to stop by my shop, give me a shout.