Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L-Dog

I am going to miss her :(

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I cannot believe this I broke my 1322 at the canal today.

I did buy it from CMS a few years ago so lets hope I qualify for their replacement warranty.

This rod is my favorite and has caught many fish....she will be missed.

I also broke my 4th Abu 700i HSN, all with the same exact problem mad.gif.

Dam that's a shame.How much of it broke off ? I had a # 5 that I broke 6 inches off. I had the next guide move down a couple of inches and put a bigger tip on it. Now it really works a jig.

I know the ratings 1-5 ,,but how much were you throwing when it broke ? Plus being 7' tall and built like a gorrilla probably don't help "cupcake".. I'd check and see if its replaceable or repairable . that really sux ,,, sorry man .

View PostI know the ratings 1-5 ,,but how much were you throwing when it broke ? Plus being 7' tall and built like a gorrilla probably don't help "cupcake".. I'd check and see if its replaceable or repairable . that really sux ,,, sorry man .

not throwing anything.

Put the rod down on the rocks made a few casts with the other stick, changed to the 1322, and when attaching a pencil the rod snapped in half frown.gif.

The reel casts great but when you have a fish on the spool gets caught on the frame so you cannot reel the fish in or let line (via drag) out. I think that the frame is twisting when you put pressure on the fish. This is the 4th reel that has had the same exact problem....NO MORE HSNs for me.

I would like to build a franken-abu where I use the frame from a 7000i non HSN but use the handle, side plate and gears from the HSN.

Anyone have a spool and frame I can match up with my HSN??