Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Sebile lures...

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

...went into Falmouth B & T and came out of there with a catalog for Sebile lures. The new owner showed me an example of one that cost $21.00. What do you guys think of this lure? I'm thinking I'll stick with Bombers, Gibbs and the likesmile.gif

Haven't tried one myself, but they did arouse my attention, but after hearing the price I think I'll stick to my proven lures. I recently read an article about them in OTW, and noticed it appears a lot of money has gone into marketing them.

Tuna will hit the big flatter ones on certain days but you have to change out the hooks as they bend up badly.

They held up to tuna, they make a good lure.

I would think they would be deadly in the canal, but at the price I can toss something else...throwing a $20 popper's one thing, but the thought of bouncing a $21 jig would be scary - i know they're not jigs, but I'm just saying, maybe I stick with bucktails, sluggo's, ron-z's and shads.

The new guy at falmouth b&t has been pushing these things like crazy for months now. Frankly, at that price I'd rather custom wood, which I get more enjoy fishing more than plastic.

Got 2 of them.

I caught a 33" fish on the medium Jointed it bent the hooks out .

On the other Flatt Shad lots of action but I never caught anything yet . Both lures the split rings are rusted to S**it and they have only been fished 3 times.

for $20+ $$ each you think they could have used Stainless Split rings.mad.gif

I had good luck on them last spring, the 7" one, especially at night. Nothing amazing but it was working when other lures in my bag were quiet. Haven't thrown it much this year as smaller lures seem to be doing better for me this year.

View PostGot 2 of them.

I caught a 33" fish on the medium Jointed it bent the hooks out .

On the other Flatt Shad lots of action but I never caught anything yet . Both lures the split rings are rusted to S**it and they have only been fished 3 times.

for $20+ $$ each you think they could have used Stainless Split rings.mad.gif

I know some are designed for that salt, others for the sweet....what model did you buy??

View Postsorry to go off track here, but the shop has recently changed hands?

yes, and i fear the new owner doesn't have the same dedication to custom wood that the place was always known for.