Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big_kitty

daiwa ballistic 40 vs fusion

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I know before you say it, apples and oranges. Im looking for a second heaver and I have heard great things about both. Has anyone cast both? How do they compare? I have a 1625 Outcast and when I load it, it feels a bit soft. I'm looking for something a bit stiffer. And how do they do distance wise?

BK, I've owned both. But once got my hands on the Fusion Magnum, nothing else compared. I must say, I did prefer the 40-405 to the regular fusion........stiffer tip. The F. Magnum has tremendous power and will launch 8-bait like no other rod I've used, including a couple zippies. But for weight/power, the 40-405 has a great deal to offer.

View Postthe daiwa 40 is discontinued, no?

No, not to my knowledge, just because Daiwa doesn't show them on their website is no indication....to my knowledge, they've shown up there.....I ask 'why' one time, and they were not concerned.

BK, I can honestly say it would be easier to find a pot of gold (lol)........until the folks at WRI get production going again, you may be out of luck, unless someone will sell theirs....not me!

View PostFor WRI blanks/custom rods try calling Tw's bait and tackle in nags head, NC. The # is 252.441.4807 Call between 6-2 and and ask for Nick.

Nick is in the same boat as the rest of us.......no Fusion Mags.....and has not had any for weeks.........once Tommy and crew get things in order, more will be available.....

I contacted him and yes he had no blanks, just built rods. I thinl i might say the hell with it and buy a century CCC ld blank from across the pond. Maybe get a couple of guys to share the order. There all about the same price, I was just looking for a home grown product.frown.gif

BK...for what it's worth....IMO....I've examined the C3LD closely and read several reviews........your original thread indicated you wanted something stiffer.......if true, you will not be happy with the C3LD......It gets it's name because of the C curve it simulates.....unlike the action of the Fusion Mag............I do believe the C3LD is a fine rod...and fine fishing rod, although 8 oz and bait is pushing it for power casting.....7 oz is about max......just not to my taste.........and if you want stiff.......not what you're looking for.......

I know it loads further into the butt, I have a century TT ld and I love that rod. I wish Hatterasjacks wasnt 9 hours away or I would bother the hell out of him for a weekend. Not to be confusing about my post, I just have heard great things about the rod.