Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nimo

Barnstable Catches

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

Its about time to receive the Stripers by the coasts. smile.gif

When you see boats like this returning saying the waves may be a little too much, one have to change location:

barn3.jpg

This is the place! Barnstable is my favourite fishing location. heart.gif

On Memorial Holiday this place is going to be really packed.

barn4.jpg

Folks won't find us now because, we gone fishin' instead of just a wishin'. Bah-boo-baby-bah-boo-bah-bay-mmm-boo-bay

barn7.jpg

Awesome view.

barn19.jpg

Yes Sir, we do need some baits.

barn9.jpg

Mike got one.

barn11.jpg

Mark's getting ready

barn12.jpg

That's a keeper.

barn13.jpg

Nice one by Mark

barn15.jpg

Got you!

barn15a.jpg

Remarkable!

barn17.jpg

Time to go home. What a lovely day it was.

barn20.jpg

Catch of the day beers.gif

barn22.jpg

The Lord has indeed blessed us today!

Mike-2.jpg

Giving meat out to friends. And we shall have fish for tomorrow's barbe. Cheers!!

barn23.jpg

Looks like a fun day....I'll never understand why someone would post, on the internet, where they were catching fish?! Harbor will be packed tomorrow!kooky.gif

TAlk about spot burn, worst case I have seen in quite a while. Must be new on internet fishing sites,headscratch.gif Thanks, it was getting lonely out there, guess there will be plenty of company now.shakehead.gif

View PostTAlk about spot burn, worst case I have seen in quite a while. Must be new on internet fishing sites,headscratch.gif Thanks, it was getting lonely out there, guess there will be plenty of company now.shakehead.gif

are you serious?

ya, barnstable harbor, that's a real big secret. like there isn't a fleet out there most every single day from MEMORIAL DAY until labor day. and what weekend is it? oh ya, memorial day weekend....hmm..

ya know what im really getting tired of? people bitching about spot burning. cwm33.gifcwm33.gifcwm33.gif

in fact, im getting a little tired of this forum...

me thinks it's time for a break.

have fun guys. see you out there...somewhere.

oh ya, and congrats to you Nemo. great pics.

View PostTAlk about spot burn, worst case I have seen in quite a while. Must be new on internet fishing sites,headscratch.gif Thanks, it was getting lonely out there, guess there will be plenty of company now.shakehead.gif

Big deal.cwm33.gif Give the guy a break will 'ya. The man had a nice day on the water, caught some fish, and posted a report.

Gee, like as soon as anyone with a modicum of fishing knowledge saw the mackerel photo didn't know exactly where they were fishing. You'd think it was comm season or something?shakehead.gif

View PostBig deal.cwm33.gif Give the guy a break will 'ya. The man had a nice day on the water, caught some fish, and posted a report.

Gee, like as soon as anyone with a modicum of fishing knowledge saw the mackerel photo didn't know exactly where they were fishing. You'd think it was comm season or something?shakehead.gif

Bob me thinks if he was posting photos of where you were fishing last week catching those fly fish you'd have a different take on the situation.

There's really no need to post photos of landmarks, or of six dead new fandangled keepers. Sorry, it's going to create a riot almost every time no matter the location or time of year. One group will be angry about the spot burn, another about the babies being killed.

I've done the live mackeral fishing this year and last, it kills a LOT of fish including those not turned into meat for the table even with circle hooks.

Catching a fish on the fly in the canal, impressive, catching a fish on live bait anywhere at any time not so much.

View PostBob me thinks if he was posting photos of where you were fishing last week catching those fly fish you'd have a different take on the situation.

There's really no need to post photos of landmarks, or of six dead new fandangled keepers. Sorry, it's going to create a riot almost every time no matter the location or time of year. One group will be angry about the spot burn, another about the babies being killed.

I've done the live mackeral fishing this year and last, it kills a LOT of fish including those not turned into meat for the table even with circle hooks.

Catching a fish on the fly in the canal, impressive, catching a fish on live bait anywhere at any time not so much.

Come on, what's wrong with you guys. Are you running fishing charters and need businesses? cwm33.gif Or are you just plain Jealous? cwm33.gif That is not my problem. And not many's problem as well.

Are you accusing us of killing too many fishes? Come one, we hit more than 30 and took back only 6. The unused mackerals were brought back frozen.

Fly fishign on the canal it will be. I shall do it next week and post. As if only you know how to fish.

This is a "Nice" forum. If "Elite" members are so sore about posting landmarks and start flamming, what's the use of a forum anyway?

I agree - WOW, THERE ARE REALLY FISH IN A HARBOR??? Shocking for a late May weekend.

To not spot burn and be as generic as possible, should he next time say there are fish in the ocean instead?

Give the guy a break, he had a good day and posted a Fishing Reoprt on a Fishing Forum on a Fishing Website.

Is there a rule here that says nobody can ever post where they caught fish?

Can we not say "in the harbor" or "in the ditch" or "at a beach" ? BecauseI think I have read those types of comments on this site before.

Tight lines Nimo

View Postare you serious?

ya, barnstable harbor, that's a real big secret. like there isn't a fleet out there most every single day from MEMORIAL DAY until labor day. and what weekend is it? oh ya, memorial day weekend....hmm..

ya know what im really getting tired of? people bitching about spot burning. cwm33.gifcwm33.gifcwm33.gif

in fact, im getting a little tired of this forum...

me thinks it's time for a break.

have fun guys. see you out there...somewhere.

oh ya, and congrats to you Nemo. great pics.

While I agree that ALOT of people know about the barnstable harbor area and it is Memorial day weekend too.This will just make it worse for everyone who fishes the area.the access is restrictive enough[both boat and shore] now it will be Caddy-Shack.Nimo,please...

Looks to me like you had a very nice day of some fun boat fishing, very nice pictures too. I bet your neighbors were happy with fresh striper fillets. When you get a 50, let us know, I'd like to see that pic (catch and release only).

View PostLooks to me like you had a very nice day of some fun boat fishing, very nice pictures too. I bet your neighbors were happy with fresh striper fillets. When you get a 50, let us know, I'd like to see that pic (catch and release only).

If I ever get a 50, that thing is going straight on my wall, lol.

View PostCome on, what's wrong with you guys. Are you running fishing charters and need businesses? cwm33.gif Or are you just plain Jealous? cwm33.gif That is not my problem. And not many's problem as well.

Are you accusing us of killing too many fishes? Come one, we hit more than 30 and took back only 6. The unused mackerals were brought back frozen.

Fly fishign on the canal it will be. I shall do it next week and post. As if only you know how to fish.

This is a "Nice" forum. If "Elite" members are so sore about posting landmarks and start flamming, what's the use of a forum anyway?

Well maybe consider reading the guidelines of the forum which is why this is a NICE forum that state:

"Posting pictures that show an active hot spot should also be given some thought as to identifing such spot.

Boat information for those fishing the various bays can provide valuable information with out giving up a specific location that might not be able to handle the traffic."

"Remember many work very hard to find the fish, and we need to respect those that do so without blowing the spot in an open manner. This is especially true during the actual fishing season.

NO MORE SPECIFIC SPOTS PLEASE and FIND A MORE GENERAL USE OF THE WORDING TO STAY WITHIN THE SITES POSTED GUIDELINES AND THE BOSS WILL BE HAPPY. bESIDES IT MAKES MY JOB A LOT MORE FRIENDLY."

So you see Nimo, the reason this is a "nice" forum is most follow those simple guidelines. They're posted as a sticky right above this post.

I could care less what you catch, keep, smoke, freeze or otherwise use.

My comments were nothing personal. There are rules here for a reason. As far as jealous no, I saw you out there, I just didn't see the need to burn a spot for all the others that would be fishing there this weekend (while I am not).

View PostBob me thinks if he was posting photos of where you were fishing last week catching those fly fish you'd have a different take on the situation.

Scott,

I'm doing my best to be patient...

First off, you're completely uninformed as to all those fish we took last week. What would you say if I told you that, comparatively speaking, that place I was fishing was just as crowded, if not more so than Branstable Hrb! Some days there were over 20 guys fishing side by side, among which I was the only guy fly fishing.

LIVE LINING MACKS!?!?!?!?! I heart.gif live lining macks, and if someone invited me on their boat to do just that, I would drop everything to go. So the man and his buddies kept 6 fish? Worse yet, took photos of them. I'm willing to bet the farm they will all be eaten as well.wink.gif

We all enjoy your blood tuna photos each summer, and all you ever hear is "nice fish Scott" "keep it up Scott", etc.

In closing, piling in on this guy and blugeoning him like this is totally uncalled for,beatin.gifshakehead.gif, not just by you, but others. I fished Barn Hrb from my first tin boat in 1974. It was crowded on Mem Day weekend then, and it continues to be crowded now.

The man had a nice day on the water, why ruin in here on SOL by P!$$ing on his leg?