Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wags

First time at the Canal

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, complete newbie here. I've been lurking around this forum for a while now trying to get as much info as possible. I showed up at the ditch totally undergunned(in knowledge and equipment) but I knew that. I didn't get so much as a nibble. I think I wasn't letting the lure sink enough. The fish were in there because I saw a guy walking up the steps with a striper that went from his waist to his ankles. Anyway. I had a great time just being there and looking forward to figuring the place out. After I was done fishing I took a walk from the Sagamore parking lot to scusset beach and found dozens of possible fishing locations.

Just a quick question. I've been looking around the internet for more info on slack tide at the canal. I stumbled on this site.

http://www.mobilegeographics.com:81/locations/956.html

Does anyone here use this site or think it is accurate??

Also, maybe this happens all the time but it blew my mind. I saw a deer jump into the canal and swim to the other side, jump out and disapear into the woods.headscratch.gif

Thanks

Mike

There are canal tide charts on the Army Core of engineers site. It shows the current turns, high and low tide at various places on the east and west end.