Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimP

Ocean City - Finwick

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Buddy of mine lent me his timeshare next week at this location. Anything biting? Was thinking of bringing a couple of spinning rods for the kids and just casting off the beach or doing some plugging.

Any weird regulations?

Recommendations on sights/eating/hikes?

Thanks - Jim.

In Delaware you will need a fishing license to do the beach and/or coastal bays, in Maryland you will not (at least not this year). Have you ever been to the area? where are you staying? There's a few stripers in the surf, some flounder in the bays, and the blues are just starting to show. You won't be able to fish any beaches that are lifeguarded, while guards are on duty. Hiking on AI can be very rewarding, provided you are well doused with something containing a high % of Deet; also best to hike during mid-day, when the sun is highest. Let us know where you are staying and we'll point out the tackle shops, eateries, etc.

Thanks Baad - I'll get the specific location tonight and repost. It is apparently on the "good side" of Ocean City - whatever that means.

OC boarders Fenwick Island in DE so you must be on the northern side. There are stripers in the OC surf as well as blues.

Eateries...take a drive to 33rd street and hit up OC wasabi if you like sushi/sashimi (pretty sure I ate an entire yellowtail on Sun drool.gif ). Two doors down from that is Anthonys. They have awesome subs, but they are pricey (I did enjoy a shrimper this weekend). If you want to have a nice dinner in a cool little restaurant then head north past Bethany and hit Blue Coast (amazing linguini with clam sauce). My wife and a friend went to Mackeys this weekend and said they really liked it. It's on 54th st near the Rt 90 bridge.

Hope you enjoy yourself!

Mackey is a great place. I have a house in Bethany Beach I suggest hitting up Fat Tuna Grill for dinner its off Rt. 26 in bethany if heading north on Rt.1 make a left on (rt 26) at the main intersection in bethany with the toden pole, travel about 4 miles it will be on your right. Another great location for dinner or lunch is The Cottage Cafe. You can also try Harpoon Hanna's I believe it is on 145th street bay side in OC, just had a great dinner and drinks there this past weekend! Enjoy if fishing DE beaches you will need a permit they do offer a 7 day visitor permit I beleive its fairly cheap too!

North East Seafood in Ocean View -- West of Bethany on Rt 26.

All the food is great, but 99% of the time, I order my favorite thing from the menu.... lobster BLT.

Lobster claw meat, thick bacon, chipotle mayo. drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif