Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beachbuster

Fluke Juniors

5 posts in this topic

I decided to go to a local lake at lunchtime and try some of the Fluke Juniors I've had but never fished. I put on a pearl fluke with a red hook. I thought the red hook and the white body would really attract a bass since this lake is very murky. I was awarded a bass a little over 2 lbs. I didn't really know how to work the flukes but I cast it out, let it sink, then just twiched it. Boy those things have some great action. I'll take any advice on how to fish them or if I can add anything to my mentioned retrieve.

t rigged weedless with a split shot about 8 inches from the hook around weed edges. Very good finesse technique. You can also substitute the split shot with a ball bearing swivel which will also help minimize line twist.

dave, i rarely fish flukes but when i do i fish them the same way you have..but as tom suggested, with a split shot anything from 8-12" away from the fluke, u get to teh fish quicker and you dont loose much of its natural action..

Thanks guys,

I really liked the action on these, kind of reminds me of Sluggos but they fall better. I'll try the split shot tomorrow and let you know how I make out. I'm going out with Nitro and hope to get into some smallies so the split shot will help me get down to where the fish are.

Fish em just like a sluggo or finn-s... They are deadly baits when the fish are in the right mood. I never really liked to use a split shot, prefer weightless... but if you need weight its best, IMO to add some internal weight... nail weights, etc...to the bait. Just like you would add to a sluggo.

You can fishem on a jighead also, if there is current. Caught many a striper on a Fluke/jighead combo.