Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inclinejj

Yellow Piss foam off Pacifica

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I was screaming all last year from March to October..The sewage plant tells me it is an algae die off cause of the hot weather..we have had 5 days over 80 so far this year..

Can you guys shoot me a Pm when you see it

The piss foam never hung out off the coast..I went down to Santa Cruz the other day and only saw it right off Devil Slides

I call the county every time I see it so they can come out and test the water

This piss foam never existed before Pacifica put the new plant at Calera Creek

Here are a few things to keep you busy and to think about. The second article and the last are the most interesting. I bet you can track down the authors for more focused information.

Rio's Polluted Beaches Pose a Challenge:

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/10/22/tr...tml?sec=&spon=

"For now, Dr. Zee recommends a number of precautions for residents and tourists. Beachgoers should not enter the water at all if a white or yellow spume is visible, he said, and should also be suspicious when the water appears to be dark green or brown.

Waders in the water up to their waists should be able to see their feet, he added, and cooler water is preferable to warmer because it comes from the depths of the sea."

======================

There is more to worry about if the foam is only white:

www.forrex.org/Streamline/ISS26/streamline_vol7_no3_art6.pdf

======================

Based on this it seems to me human waste would be more likely yellow foam:

"To try and identify what you foam is, fish go by color and then by smell. Green foam is almost always algae. Dark green foam in otherwise clear water is fish waste. Yellow foam is the 'real deal' and represents DOCs ( organic dyes, fatty acid chains and amino acids and partly broken chains of protein). - JR"

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/main-f...tml#post110318

Yellowish foam does occur naturally in the ocean in small patches here or there. It's simply organic matter from all the sea life.

But from what I am reading it seems like there is waaaaaaay too much foam to be normal? Luckily I haven't come across this yet. cwm31.gif

When you get home your waders stink..your boots stink..Lots of foam..I will try to get some pictures this week..

It is a yellowish..thus piss foam color

The city has been fined a few times for the plant will dig up the articles