Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob2

Favorite Lamiglas Surf Rod

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

I use a 121-3M, 99 percent of the time. I have an Arra 1204(now1203) for lighter stuff and a 121-5M for throwing bricks, but they spend most of their time in the basement racks gathering dust.frown.gif

.........all conventional, I have no idea what I would use for spinningheadscratch.gif

View PostHoney

I don't know all the numbers of everything I own, but the Lami Honey 11.5/2-5oz has impressed me more than any rod in the last 15 years, and I'm "not" a Lami fan icon14.gif

It's kinda funny how people had really nice rods before graphite, like one rod would basically do it all. Then along came graphite and all the sudden you needed one for each type of fishing you might do in an evening. I like to keep it really simple. Once I had my hands on a honey, I never put it down.wink.gif

It is definitely a compromise, less sensitive, heavier, and probably can't equal the distance of graphites, but I only have to carry onebiggrin.gif, and yes, I have stepped on it (hard) on the rockscwm31.gif and it'll still do the do.

gsb1081l

glb1081mh

gsb1201m

gsb1201l w/ 4 inches off the top

gsb1321m

xra1205

xra1203

Love them all but the 1201m is the favorite.

Blowes my mind that you guys can use those Lami factory rods with the short handles.

View PostIt's kinda funny how people had really nice rods before graphite, like one rod would basically do it all. Then along came graphite and all the sudden you needed one for each type of fishing you might do in an evening. I like to keep it really simple. Once I had my hands on a honey, I never put it down.wink.gif

It is definitely a compromise, less sensitive, heavier, and probably can't equal the distance of graphites, but I only have to carry onebiggrin.gif, and yes, I have stepped on it (hard) on the rockscwm31.gif and it'll still do the do.

1201m is a pretty all around and probably weighs half as much. Having fun casting bombers all night with your one glass rod that will do it all. wink.gif

You sure can whip a fish on glass though.