Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spigola

Pedestal table & 4 chairs

16 posts in this topic

OK it's not fishing stuff but the wife bought a new table for our kitchen area, making up for the new flyrod I gotwink.gif and she wants to know if anybody out here in SOL land is interested in our old kitchen set, photos attached.

The table is 42 X 60 with the 18" leaf installed. It is 29" high and I can easily disassemble the table top from the pedestal for buyer.

Obviously a pick up ONLY item!!!

Will accept $200. In very good to excellent condition!!

View PostReal nice looking Table Spig.Good Luck with the sale PS Next time you get a new Rod Send it to a Friends house or you'll be buying a new couch! LOL

She already got the couch. Now she is looking at a lighting fixture for above the new table.kooky.gif

Spigolawink.gif

Spig the woman wants it. Does it look as good in person as the pics?

I'd have to drive down from LI.... You can tell me some more war stories from the old day in Bk.

$180?

View PostI might take it depending on where u are located.I am in Queens.Let me know.

View PostSpig the woman wants it. Does it look as good in person as the pics?

I'd have to drive down from LI.... You can tell me some more war stories from the old day in Bk.

$180?

I am located about 10 minutes off exit 4 of the NJ Turnpike. It's a bit of a drive, about 1 1/2 hours from downtown Manhattan and 1 1/4 from Staten Island. Since both of you would have to drive down from NY, I will accept $180 for the table and chairs.

Suffice it to say that my wife is an immaculate housekeeper and the set is in excellent shape.

It isn't fair to play favorites and is against Timmy's rules on BST. As per BST rules, the first "I'LL TAKE IT" as a response will buy the set. We can then set up a time for either of you to come down via PM's.

Spig

View PostIt isn't fair to play favorites and is against Timmy's rules on BST. As per BST rules, the first "I'LL TAKE IT" as a response will buy the set.

He reduced the price. I was the first "I'll take it".

"I might take it depending..... " doesn't count.

To that point had someone come into the mix brand new and had put "I'll take it" before I did, it would be theirs.

It was a pick up only item

Depending on location should count,as he had not stated his location. Had his location been posted it would have been an I'll take it. I did not get a chance to reply. My only question was location and I did not ask him to lower the price. It's all good....but if the roles were reversed and you asked him location and I asked him 180 I can almost guarantee you would still have the table......"old war stories" as I said before...bs.....

View PostIt was a pick up only item

Depending on location should count,as he had not stated his location. Had his location been posted it would have been an I'll take it. I did not get a chance to reply. My only question was location and I did not ask him to lower the price. It's all good....but if the roles were reversed and you asked him location and I asked him 180 I can almost guarantee you would still have the table......"old war stories" as I said before...bs.....

That's not it at all... I have met Spigola exactly one time at the food fling. He mentioned his former line of work. That's all. We're not buddies, and this was not an under the table deal. It was a matter of timing. Had you posted before me, it would have been yours. If you feel differently, feel free to report the thread and let the boss decide.

You know what, I'll do ya one better. I'll report it. I don't want to cause any bad blood here.

Fine by me. No bad blood her either --- I just feel since there was no location posted I couldn't commit, what if the guy was in Florida? I was the first to respond to the thread (you said its all about timing) I should get the first shot once a location is posted IMO...

Anyway there's no hard feelings toward anyone.Great site, great people, just feel like I got the short end of the stick on this one.

stickball,

As the BST rules state, the first I'LL TAKE IT is he who gets the goods. I've been here a long time and most of the guys know I recently moved from LI to NJ. Sorry if this ruffled any feathers. I don't play favorites and $$ is what counts, not WAR STORIES.wink.gif

Spig

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0