Michael Vick out of the slammer!

Rate this topic

danflytr

Oh whoops.....that's right. I forgot the HSUS and all of its stupid little minions aren't calling every TV station, radio channel and newspaper about the killing of a PERSON, running their little vegan mouths for months on end in between sending thousands of emails to the NFL commissioner and anyone else who hasn't figured out they're a bunch of freaks. wink.gif

"One of the greatest delusions of the world is the hope that the evils of this world are to be cured by legislation."
Thomas B. Reed 1886

View PostI And where's all the press coverage about Dante Stallworth killing a PERSON.

It saddens me see the day when the life of household animals are more worthy of the life of a human being. Vick hangs a few pups and get 2 years. Stallworth runs over someone's father, husband, son, brother and gets 1 month.

Yes, society is f'ed up!mad.gif

View Post..for one reason, he is black. Not to mention as the genius Vick once said: "I have 2 weapons, my brain, my arm and my speed"

pretty sure you made that quote up

"I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin'. I'm not talkin' 'bout day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout shahkin'!"

View PostGeezzz! you guys are acting like hes TO or something. He just killed a few dogs..... TO destroyed the 40 niners, Eagles, and the Cowboys.

Now lets get back to trashing the real devil like TO or Jessica Simpson and maybe Mcnab for losing every championship he played in.

not true....he won one wink.gifhe is 1-5 lol......

View PostIt saddens me see the day when the life of household animals are more worthy of the life of a human being. Vick hangs a few pups and get 2 years. Stallworth runs over someone's father, husband, son, brother and gets 1 month.

.My brother in law has deer dogs down in the panhandle of florida if those dogs don't hunt they get a bullet.You would have to jail a let of rednecks in that part of the country for killing dogs.Vick gets more time for killing dogs because he's mean. But Stallworth gets less then 30 days for killing someone and it's ok because he did not mean to do itshakehead.gif

View PostIt saddens me see the day when the life of household animals are more worthy of the life of a human being. Vick hangs a few pups and get 2 years. Stallworth runs over someone's father, husband, son, brother and gets 1 month.

I agree - all too often, many people seem to have a warped sense of appreciation of life. But on the flip side, these two specific cases are a little different in that Stallworth, as wreckless and irresponsible as he was with his actions, didn't intend to go out and kill someone while from all I could tell, Vick basically 'got off' on the torture and deaths of these animals.

So in my mind, it's Vick who more so lacks compassion for life despite the fact that it was Stallworth's action that took a human life and Vick's actions took the lives of many dogs.

I think its a little extreme to assume that because people on a fishing website aren't talking about Stallworth as much as they are Vick it means they care more about the life of a dog.

Now to compare the level of media attention to one over the other and come to a similar conclusion, well... thats the media, which I'm sure most people realize by now isn't about what most people believe, but rather what panders to the masses as "entertainment". Sad, but true.

And Daughter... I coudn't agree more with you about the HSUS. I believe I stated somewhere earlier that Vick working with HSUS means nothing more than a chance for him to kill more dogs. Only thing worse would be working for PETA.

View PostVery well said.....some NFL team will be happy to have him...>))>

Knowing my luck, Romo will bomb-out completely this year, becoming another Ryan Leaf, and Jerry Jones will once again try to rehabilitate an ex-con. Vick to the Cowboys...you read it here first....Vick a Cowboy in 2010-11 season. The pains of being a Cowboys fan beers.gif

CC

Massa Goodell is doing everything that he can to make it hard for Vick to find a team. The commish is talking about resuspending Vick for a few games at the beginning of the season? Sheesh,cmon man,enough is enough!! Vick's punishment was already much too harsh...

Unknown

Heard a little bit of sports radio with guys saying they expect successful teams with established QB's to be the most likely. Would take the heat off the franchise from fans as it won't hinge on an ex-con and likely blow over, and not playing every week will limit the media attention as much as possible.

Teams like the Patriots were mentioned....cwm31.gif

View PostWanna make guesses as to who signs him?

Or how long it will take?

Redskins would be a perfect fit. We need him, he needs us. He is a Virginia guy that grew up in Va. rooting for the Redskins...MV took VT to the National Championship game...

Giving Vick a shot at redemption here would be the right thing to do from a practical standpoint and from a spiritual standpoint as well...

this is the biggest opportunity we have ever been presented with...Vick was the best offensive player in the NFL when PETA took him down...

Anyone that doesn't see that he can help just us isn't looking...But the Redskins' management/ownership/fans just dont have the emotional strength to tackle such a big risk..... Pitifulfrown.gif

Unknown