Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danflytr

Michael Vick out of the slammer!

Rate this topic

91 posts in this topic

What do you think about that ? Should Michael Vick be allowed back into the NFL? Or should we feed him to an angry pack of pitbulls. A lot of us have dogs and love them. I am just interested in what the forum thinks. he spent 19 months in now his defence team wants him to volunteer with the humane society to cleen up his image. I will start it off by saying I would like to see him get bitten a few time before even considering him back into pro football. Sorry but I loveheart.gif dogs.

Welcome to Denver, Mr. Vick! Your mansion is this way, and there is a sound-proof basement that has a hidden hatch in the floor where you can do whatever you like with your pets. Now, show me that arm.

I Hope A Message Is Sent To Owners To Back Off On This Jerk Off And Let Him Sit.

Sorry About The Caps, Caps Lock Is On

he is a really good player-he should be able to earn a living-and i know all you dog wackos are gonna chime in but if he would have smacked his wife and kids around you wouldnt have a problem with him....id let him field goal kick a poodle if hed play for the jets

He did his time and he's allowed to do what he wants with his life. I listened to a gent who is a big wheel in the American Humane Society, to which Vick has volunteered his efforts in an anti-dog-fighting campaign, on NPR today.

His distaste for Vick was understandable. He was agonizing over his difficulty in bringing himself to accept Vick's offer.

Vick has done less damage to the world then ten thousand of bankers, CFOs, mortgage brokers and security dealers, less damage then a few tens of thousands of drug dealers and street thugs, less damage then a hundred thousand drunk drivers. A sense of proportion would be appropriate here.

he served his time, he's almost a free man. if you think his dogfighting ring was brutal, you should go down south sometime, where there's a similar ring in every town, and it's much uglier than what he had going on. point is, he served plenty of time for the crime he comitted, and deserves a shot to play pro football again. the league has never seen a player like him, and he could still be a cash cow for the NFL. whether you like it or not he WILL play ball again, whether or not he's successful is up to him.

edit: and dont forget, there's lots of convicts in the nfl, and vick's definately NOT the worst.

I think ALL sports, beginning with the NFL needs to send a message. cwm15.gif

The owners will not pay, and the fans will no longer tolerate, support and condone this behavior. OK, he paid his dues to society, but IMO, that only allows him to get out of jail. Most of these out of control super stars are borderline illiterates, and is it wasn't for his God given talent of simply being able to throw a ball, Vick would be living under a bridge somewhere, howling at the moon.

Truth be known, that's probably where he belongs. The Effin bum.mad.gif

View PostI think ALL sports, beginning with the NFL needs to send a message. cwm15.gif

The owners will not pay, and the fans will no longer tolerate, support and condone this behavior. OK, he paid his dues to society, but IMO, that only allows him to get out of jail. Most of these out of control super stars are borderline illiterates, and is it wasn't for his God given talent of simply being able to throw a ball, Vick would be living under a bridge somewhere, howling at the moon.

Truth be known, that's probably where he belongs. The Effin bum.mad.gif

thats one of the most ignorant posts i've read recently. maybe if he didn't know how to throw a football he'd be a bum, so for that, thank god he can chuck that ball and run fast, because if he couldnt, there'd be one more wasted life out there.

View Posthe served his time, he's almost a free man. if you think his dogfighting ring was brutal, you should go down south sometime, where there's a similar ring in every town, and it's much uglier than what he had going on. point is, he served plenty of time for the crime he comitted, and deserves a shot to play pro football again. the league has never seen a player like him, and he could still be a cash cow for the NFL. whether you like it or not he WILL play ball again, whether or not he's successful is up to him.

edit: and dont forget, there's lots of convicts in the nfl, and vick's definately NOT the worst.

Speaking of ignorant--you apparently aren't aware of what he actually did time for.

It was a wee bit more than running a fighting pit. No one gets two years in the Federal pen for that.

It was for brutally killing the dogs that wouldn't fight, no matter how much they were cruelly abused and goaded. Some were hanged from trees, others given multiple electric shocks until they died. The lucky ones were the ones they just shot in the head. He and his crew are out and out scumbags and borderline sociopaths.

Let the mother****er rot. mad.gif

View Postthats one of the most ignorant posts i've read recently. maybe if he didn't know how to throw a football he'd be a bum, so for that, thank god he can chuck that ball and run fast, because if he couldnt, there'd be one more wasted life out there.

Vick is worse than a bum, he's mentally ill, and a sorry excuse to a human being. God gave this man one talent, and that was throwing a football. For that, he was paid millions. What did he decide to do with his new found wealth, and his God given talent? He chose to squander it, and tortured and killed innocent dogs.mad.gif

Oh, he'll come out of prison, with a boat load of mea culpas, and tales of how he found religion, and now wants to put all this behind him and

"move forward".

Tell me, how would you feel if he took that cuddly dog in your avatar, and choked the life out of it? Well that precisely what he did.

He doesn't belong in organized sports, but in some third world, lawless country.kooky.gif Effin creep.

View Postthe league has never seen a player like him, and he could still be a cash cow for the NFL.

headscratch.gif Never seen a player like him?? If you mean a knucklehead who threw it all away over dogfighting, I agree. If you mean football talent-wise we could fill a few pages with names of better talent the NFL has seen.

Vick is a thug just like his little brother. My prediction is some team will take him and within a year or so another legal issue will surface with Vick. While I agree he has served his time and may deserve a shot at the NFL it is certainly not a RIGHT he is owed. He's free to get any job he wants where the employer WANTS him. wink.gif Persoanlly I'd rather see him asking people: "You want fries with that?".