Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
126andy

Anyone had a problem with the Nauti 6500GV?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone had a problem with this reel? I picked one up new online and used it 2x. Today I was pulling in some bluefish 6-8 lbs and I could feel and hear the gears slipping inside. When I got home I saw the box said it had a 2 year warantee but in all of the paperwork they neber mentioned who to contact or where to send it. I found a Pure Fishing website on the box and sent them an email but I don't thinkl this was the right place to send anything. I especially bought this reel because it was waterproof and thought it would hold up good in the kayak and catch some bigger fish. I even went back to make sure it didn't say 2 day warrantee just in case.smile.gif

Ur reel is toast...or in teh process of toasting....

People used to send them to this guy Bob who worked for Pure Fishing, but don't know if he is still there. He replaced many Nautils when they were still available, but since they are no longer being made i don't know what happens with yours. More than likely the warantee is void since the reel is out of production. Doesn't hurt to try though, here ya go: blhulme@purefishing.com

Thanks, I sentt him an email too just in case he could point me in the right direction.Just got an email back that he will be out of his office until May 26th so he's still there. Maybe he will be able to help yet.

Fly--

Even though I got an email saying Bob wouldn't be in the office again until May26th He got back to me just a little while ago and said to send him the reel back and he would send me a yellow nauti 6500 under the warranty. Thanks for the address. Sent my reel to him today.

I have had one for about 5 years that has in total 10 hours of light fishing in it as a back up reel. It has been to Pure fishing twice for different repairs and I have just received a new drag nut and cap from them. The reel is an absolute lemon but when it is working its nice. The only place that I have found that even has parts is Pure Fishing and at least they are nice to deal with. Maybe they just feel sorry for 6500 owners.

It's nice to hear that they took care of the issue for you. I've blown up one but have others that I've picked up for reasonable prices and use them and don't worry about them. I think either they're going to be ok or fail early on.