Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassinJ

Fishing At Dawn!

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Well, I know in the night, dark colors like black, and black/purple seem to work well. And fishing slow as you can go is also key. But what about fishing at dawn?

Is there specific colors, lures, and tactics you use at dawn? I'm new to fishing dawn, so I'm just looking for some tips/info on what works well at this time pattern.

Thanks!!

This time of the year, you use pencil and polaris poppers. You may also try BIG swimmers. Once the bunker come in force, you need big.

I go with white/white_red head/yellow_white.

the basic idea is to match the color of the sky. Basically black, use black plugs. Morning it's yellow, so a "schoolbus" or yellow, sometimes with green hashes(redfin) and a white belly. At dawn and dusk you can also try orang-ish colors.

View Postthe basic idea is to match the color of the sky. Basically black, use black plugs. Morning it's yellow, so a "schoolbus" or yellow, sometimes with green hashes(redfin) and a white belly. At dawn and dusk you can also try orang-ish colors.

Would you consider 5:45am morning? The sky didn't seem black, it was pretty light.

If it's REALLY clear, I would only use yellow for about an hour before dawn, to about a half after, then switch to top-water, or whiter/reflective colors.

View PostWould you consider 5:45am morning? The sky didn't seem black, it was pretty light.

You best be in the water fishing an hour before this time. What ever sunrise is, back er down 60 minutes, and that is false dawn. I belive it is also known as Nautical Twilight.

Right now, I would say be in the water fishing about 4:15-4:30. If I am not in the water by then, I either strangle my nephew for talking to Grumpy too much, or kick myself in the ass for stopping to get coffee on the way down.

You need to be fishing false dawn until Sunrise, especially when the bunker infiltrate the water.

Time and Time Again,, Yellow has out-performed all other color patterns (except for some Olive colors in the fall) during the first light to sunrise time period on the beach for me...

Hmm, I don't have any smokey joe, or parrot (other then a large parrot pencil), and I don't have any rainbow color nor herring.

I do have schoolbus Bombers, Schoolbus Choopy Needlefish, Chickenscratch Bomber, and a yellow/white Gibbs Danny, those are some appropriate colors I can think of for dawn, any stick out as worth a shot?