Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Night Moves

Jamestown Help

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I'm heading to Jamestown on Saturday and fishing the area that night. I've never been there or fished the area before. I'm just looking for whatever info. you guys can give me. No, I'm not looking for specifics, I know how us fishermen are. I'm just looking for anything (tips, plugs that work, general locations) you can give me. Thanks, Rob

PM me if you want

View Postbe careful man...it isnt a place to be doing a first trip at night

Yea! it can be a little tricky.the waters still cool,plugs should work if your gonna be there it cant hurt to have a few eel's.

If you haven't already, make sure you give it a good look with Google Earth or Virtual Earth. It'll help get your bearings at night, especially if you've never fished there before.

Watch out on the West side too....I've seen some weird things "go down" there from the boat.

especially for the encouraging words, ha ha ha. I'm going with a pretty experienced surf caster. We both fish in rocky areas regularly...just not there. We will be getting down there early in the day to check it out. Who knows, maybe we can meet up. I promise, we'll be careful.pig2.gif

My family has been fishing Jamestown for 4 generations now. I've gone down in the past and stayed in the truck when it's running big. It's just not worth it to me now that I have a son to take care of. She still ***** slapped me last fall when I let my guard down for two seconds. beatin.gif

My Great Grandfather. One of the Original Clarks Village crew.

GreatGrandpa.jpg

Too bad you couldn't fish it more often. Great family tradition. From what I am hearing, top water plugs are the way to go. That really isn't my style, but we'll give it a go.

My Great Grandfather had one of the original houses down by the lighthouse. When we entered WW2 Uncle Sam came in and moved everyone out. His second house is still on Grey Gull Lane, right on the cliff. He GAVE it to someone in the 50's because they were getting divorced and didn't want my Great Grandmother to get it. It just sold for 1.5 mil... 600 sq ft cottage. It still kills me.

Best spots are nearly all rocky ones and slippery at that. Korkers or studded boots mandatory equipment. Don't leave home without them. 40.gif

-bd