Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HunterFly

Scituate area?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

So, in my continuing mission to do as much fishing as possible while "working" (this worked well for me at Plum Island last Friday and trout fishing in VT a couple of weeks ago), I find myself meeting a client in Hanover on Thursday morning.

Can anybody steer me towards an easy access area in Scituate/Marshfield area where a man with a fly rod might get into some stripers? Not looking for spot burning, just give me a general idea of a place with quick public access.

I won't have more than 30 minutes, an hour tops, to fish, so it has to be pretty easy to get in and out of.

General comments here or a PM greatly appreciated. TIA

I'm sure your info was great Flynny, since it had to be removed biggrin.gif Sorry Tim S!!!

So, um, thanks wink.gif You could PM me, or somebody just give me a few general areas. I've never fished this area before, but if I can squeeze in a few casts tomorrow, I'll be a happy camper...er, fisherman. smile.gif

View PostOne of those spots has about 3 parking spaces come on pm that kind of stuff

Yeah, please, I'm not looking for somebody to spot burn, just a heads up to some reasonable public access. I think I'm good now.

Thanks Reed. smile.gif

View PostI'm sure your info was great Flynny, since it had to be removed biggrin.gif Sorry Tim S!!!

So, um, thanks wink.gif You could PM me, or somebody just give me a few general areas.

That's all - some GENERAL AREAS - most of the folks here don't need to be dragged by the hand and shown which rock to stand on, where to park, which way to face and who's yard to walk through - point them to a general area - they'll figure out how and where to catch the fish in that area and no one will find "NO PARKING" signs there because people were parking on lawns and leaving trash all over icon14.gif

General areas - an idea - point in the right direction - a hint - etc, etc, etc. That's all HunterFly is asking for HappyWave.gif

TimS

View Post

General areas - an idea - point in the right direction - a hint - etc, etc, etc. That's all HunterFly is asking for HappyWave.gif

Indeed. And my sincere thanks to Reed & Angler #1 for their guidance. smile.gif

Unfortunately, I didn't get to fish yesterday. I got called in in relief on Wednesday to go brew up some Oktoberfest for the brewery I used to brew for, since one of their guys was out with a family crisis. I didn't get home till 12:30, so I slept in (till 6) and then went to my appointment. Appointment ran long, and I had to get back to the office to get some stuff done so I could cover the brewery again last night.

I will be back out there in a couple of weeks though and try to put these tips to good use.