Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigBaitBigFish

Maine Pike!

14 posts in this topic

That is one nice fish. What did you get it on? I plan on catching my first pike when I go up to Champlain in a couple weeks. Are you finding them in the shallower flats this time of year?

Right now they are in the weedy bogs....caught all of mine using BIG sucker fish (7"-10") hooked just behind the dorsal fin. They are creeping in about 3-4' of water in the quiet areas of the lakes. Fish the sucker 1-2' under a bobber and let the tight lines begin! They'll take shiners too...

Nice fish. I had a big one like that follow a big spinner to the boat once, thought it was a gator. Heading up to Canada in a few weeks and hope to get into something that big.

View PostWhat makes you think that? biggrin.gif

Yeah I know...

Are you releasing them or killing them? I know in some lakes they want them removed..

Here's a nice one last weekend in Maine...caught almost 10 in 3 hours! 40" to any REAL fisherman...biggrin.gif (/qoute)

Looks like 39-5/8" to this REAL fisherman, lol, nice fish dude

View PostYeah I know...

Are you releasing them or killing them? I know in some lakes they want them removed..

Released him...catch him again another time...haven't heard of them wanting them removed...what lakes want them gone?