Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike127

Hello all

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my name is mike and im new to the saltwater forum here and surf fishing in general. I went out yesterday for the first time and fished an inlet. First off i was fishing the beginning of the outgoing tide and was having some trouble holding bottom with a 6 oz. pyramid weight, I figured that would be plenty but i guess i was wrong, next time should i bring heavier leads or was that a fluke or something i was doing wrong? Also at the end of my short trip my line was getting choked with weeds, is there a way to help this or avoid it or anything? Thanks for the help guys.

When you get weeds in an area it's just a good idea to move to another spot. Sometimes it takes a few days for the weed problem to clear up. Many times I need 10 ounces of lead to hold bottom. Not all fishing rods will handle this much weight. You might have better luck fishing the ocean side with bait rather then the inlet side. Also fishing slack tides might be easier for you.

WELCOME...

its hard to hold ANY weight in an inlet. I would fish outside or inside the inlet with bait (AKA weight) or if you want to fish the inlet, use a bucktail with a pork rind trailer 2-4 oz's depending on how hard the current is running..

good luck