Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepid 24

its lousy out...but the bass don't care !!

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

View Postwow, there are alot of fish around....its freakin' awesome !

took a keeper home for lunch, just cuz i was in the mood !!drool.gif

that's it, I can't take all this tormenting anymore. I'm going tomorrow AM... its 1.5 hrs to the salt, but I since I was dreaming about stripers last night, I guess I'd better get out there and quit reading about it...

View Postwow, there are alot of fish around....its freakin' awesome !

took a keeper home for lunch, just cuz i was in the mood !!drool.gif

I got a keeper that I released on Sat had to work for her six hours of fishing and only got one and had one follow my lure in...

I fished the ditch hard all night saturday, the wind was howling, and it was drizzling on and off. I pulled out 8 fish including one 32 inch the rest shorts. A lot of rats breaking the shoreline most of the night. I went home in the morning to sleep for a couple of hours while it poured out. I then fished all day sunday, which was beautiful out, and the canal was like glass, and only managed one shortheadscratch.gif In my experience the lousy days are the ones I do better on! Anyone else fish slow sunday?

View PostI fished the ditch hard all night saturday, the wind was howling, and it was drizzling on and off. I pulled out 8 fish including one 32 inch the rest shorts. A lot of rats breaking the shoreline most of the night. I went home in the morning to sleep for a couple of hours while it poured out. I then fished all day sunday, which was beautiful out, and the canal was like glass, and only managed one shortheadscratch.gif In my experience the lousy days are the ones I do better on! Anyone else fish slow sunday?

Thursday night canal. Howling wind some some rain. Fishing was great. Caught a mix of everything.

View PostI fished the ditch hard all night saturday, the wind was howling, and it was drizzling on and off. I pulled out 8 fish including one 32 inch the rest shorts. A lot of rats breaking the shoreline most of the night. I went home in the morning to sleep for a couple of hours while it poured out. I then fished all day sunday, which was beautiful out, and the canal was like glass, and only managed one shortheadscratch.gif In my experience the lousy days are the ones I do better on! Anyone else fish slow sunday?

Do you bike it around? My issue on Sat is a Covered about three spots in about a mile and it took 6 hours..

I was on foot this weekend, my bike is not ready. I did a lot of walking, but I also parked in a few different areas when I wanted to move further down. Covered a lot of area mainland side. I was surprised at how empty it was, only passed two fishermen all night and they were in a well known easy access area. A good mix of fish though from 13 inches up to 32.

View Post In my experience the lousy days are the ones I do better on!

This is so true. The added bonus is lousy weather often keeps everyone but the true die-hards indoors. What's better than being out there catching bass after bass on a rainy, miserable day and having them all to yourself? beers.gif

View PostThis is so true. The added bonus is lousy weather often keeps everyone but the true die-hards indoors. What's better than being out there catching bass after bass on a rainy, miserable day and having them all to yourself? beers.gif

There is nothing better! I think the fish know that this is the best time they have at not being caught too cwm27.gif The ditch was loaded with fishermen during the day sunday, and I didn't see much happening.

I've probably told the story here before but one of my best days fishing the Canal was in the middle of a freakin' hurricane. No one around, wind and rain at my back, waves crashing over the jetty on the East end...and I literally couldn't make a cast without a bass hitting my plug the second it hit the water. A 9" blue rebel. It was so good I didn't even realize that the plastic lip had broken off on the rocks and I was basically throwing a plastic stick with hooks. cwm27.gif

Oh, the memories...

That is awsome! Bad weather very rarely keeps me from going fishing. On another note your story reminds me I found a brand new blue broken back rapala this weekend. I was so happy when I found it I just placed it in my bag. I thorougly enjoy finding lures; even though I know it was somebody else's misfortune to lose them redface.gif I took it out and tried casting it about half and hour later and noticed the awful action on the first cast. It was rolling over, and not wiggling at all. I take a closer look and notice that it had no lip! I guess thats what I get for rejoicing over others losses, lol. Anybody here happen to be the owner of it? I realized after the way in which it was placed almost looked like somebody left it purposely to trick another fisherman.

Sunday 4 30 am till noon , not a bite and didn't see any fish breaking surface , saw one nice one taken on a jig and that was it...I was pluggin surface and swimmers....

Got my first keeper on sunday early morning, the wind was howling, and the surf was pounding,..little bit of lightning, but it was the best time I have ever had fishing, It was fun to go out in conditions like that and score my first keeper of the year. A nice 30" bass. released to get bigger in the future..

Used an old school Crack 200, which was bailless, I never fished a bailless reel before, but I might be a convert, I liked going bailless.