Quit Smoking Thread - go for it guys.

Rate this topic

Sharkey N Sons

View PostYou know I would never look at that when I smoked.

The dude that thought i was getting all PG with the pro life: Which side did you think I was on? You may be surprised.

I honestly don't give a rats ass,but this aint the place to discuss it.cwm15.gif

It wouldn't pay you more to walk on water,than to wear a crown of thorns,

It wouldn't pay me more to bury you rich,than to bury you poor...

Made the Appointment today with the doctor to get on chantix, My BIL was on it and hes been smoke free for a year. I am sick of smoking, spending the $ on them, and waking up after a hard night of drinking smelling like smoke and hungover as ****.

View PostI honestly don't give a rats ass,but this aint the place to discuss it.cwm15.gif

cool. Im done

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Ce n'est pas le mur derrière lequel il se passe quelque chose, mais bien la cuisinière dans laquelle on a brûlé quelque chose

View PostI Quit 1.5 Yrs. now ,used chantix!That stuff is'nt right ,made me quit,but messed with my mind FOREVER!headscratch.gifconfused.gifshaky.gif

See, that's the thing !kooky.gif

Tell all please !

How do you feel ??? !!!

Let it out.

Dennis

Quote TimS "...we have 30 moderators and 7 administrators, we aren't taking on any vigilantes at this time".

I think this thread should be for helping guys stay on the right track. I am currently a smoker but I feel very strongly about efforts being made by men to quit. It is inspirational, informative and extremely difficult and I have no doubt, stressful and difficult with every passing second.

It is a worthwhile effort and rather than small minded, short sighted people dangling things in front of them, they should show a little damn respect for what some of these brave individuals are going through.

I am hoping that men will be men and respect the efforts of others, applaud what they are doing and encourage them to press on rather than being just a small person who thinks this is a time for cuteness.

A number of posts within this thread are taunting, provocative and unsupportive which, in my mind, should be considered as "off topic" since this is a SUPPORT men who are making efforts thread and people are posting in a completely opposite and antagonistic fashion.

This is not a debate or "what is your opinion" thread. It is a "Yea, you are showing courage, suffering through it and kind of psyching me into moving in the same direction" kind of thread and hopefully will inspire others, like myself who have yet to show that kind of courage when it comes to quitting cigarettes.

Anyone is more than welcome to start a "don't quit smoking" thread somewhere else but for now, I am saying that these taunts are off topic and people should make efforts to stop if they have any respect at all for men who are doing something that is extemely difficult.

Anger is no more a requirement of killing,
than fear is a requirement of dying.

Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

People who kill themselves may be predisposed regardless of the drugs they ingest. When you really think about what science tells us about smoking, you are committing suicide a little at a time by smoking.

I had some pretty wild dreams on Chantix, but I believe it helped me quit. I didn't have the cravings.

I wonder if the success rate has changed, when I quit it was about 52% success on Chantix, when all other factors about quitting were considered.

View PostWe really shouldn't let this thread die. This thread should be as happening as the "who doesn't drink" thread.

Smoking is worse than alcohol. Your not going to lose your job fr smoking. Your wife/husband is not going to leave you for smoking. You're not going to wind up on the streets for smoking. That's why smoking is the worst drug there is. Plus, no one smokes a cigarette every now and then on social occasions. Either you smoke or you don't. It is the worst thing there is because its not going to ruin your life the way other things will. That's the problem. I hear all these stories about people who do drugs and alcoholics hitting "rock bottom" -- that's never going to happen when you smoke. That's why its so bad, IMO.

Classic

.........as we continue on.......

I've got one swig left in my first tobacco free beer.highfive.gif Woohoo!If I can drink,and not lose it,I effing win!beers.gifclapping.gif

It wouldn't pay you more to walk on water,than to wear a crown of thorns,

It wouldn't pay me more to bury you rich,than to bury you poor...