Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Fajitas

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Never made them......

Input?

Will be attempting them tomorrow night using some rare left over rib roast.

Saw a few things around.....peppers, onions, salsa, guac......

Have at it.............

Steve I'm making them tonight.I have some leftover chix and steak not enough for a meal but plenty for fajitas.

On the elect. skilet i lay the soft shell add salsa,pep's,onions,the meat and cheese on one half.Then fold the empty side over heat and flip.when it's done cut into 4.drool.gif

The quality of the tortilla(s) can make a big difference. Get thick, lard-laden ones.

Homemade beans - side dish

Sour cream

Beer cwm40.gifsmile.gif

Taco Bell®
Chicken Fajita!
Seasoning Mix

by Todd Wilbur

Send this recipe

to a friend!
Click here.

A couple years ago Taco Bell and Kraft Foods got together to produce a line of products - everything from taco kits to salsas and spice mixes - all stamped with the familiar Taco Bell logo and available in supermarkets across the country. The idea was a winner, and now the Taco Bell line of products is among Kraft's top sellers. The clone of this mix, made with a combination of common spices and cornstarch, can be kept indefinitely until your brain's fajita-craving neurons begin firing. When you're set to cook, you'll just need some chicken, a bell pepper, and an onion, and then you simply follow the same instructions that you find on the package of the real thing.
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon crushed chicken bouillon cube
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Prepare fajitas using the following ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 to 1 1/4 lb.), cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons oil
1/3 cup water
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 medium onion, sliced

Prepare the fajitas using the same directions found on the package of the original seasoning mix:
1. COOK and stir chicken in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Add TACO BELL Fajita Seasoning Mix, water, green pepper, and onion; cook and stir on medium heat 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
2. PLACE tortillas on microwavable plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 1 minute.
3. SPOON chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Top as desired with TACO BELL salsa. Roll up tortillas.

(http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)
Makes 5 servings.

or

Into 1 lb. Venison sliced thin 1/8-3/16 mix 3/4 teaspoon cumin, 3/4 teaspoon oregano, 2-3 cloves chopped garlic and let sit while you cut up into ½' slices, 1 red pepper , ½ green bell pepper, 1 onion, and 1 or 2 halapeno peppers( to taste). Heat oil in pan and stir-fry meat, ½ way through (about 1-2 min.) add vegetables. Cook a couple min more till vegtables are crisp tender. Serve on taco shells, tortilla's , lettuce or a bed of rice. Garnish with guacamole, grated cheddar, or sour cream..

skirt steak

onion powder

garlic powder

salt

pepper

simple, authentic and really good.

As for fixin's: Grilled green pepper/onion and a jalapeno pepper.

Tortillas, rice, beans, cheese, sour cream, fresh salsa and guacamole on the side.

View Postrub the beef with garlic, cumin, olive oil and S&P and let it sit a while

then give it a quick sear

i make fajitas regularly, usually use chicken or skirt steak, but with what you have I would do something like this.

Add in some lime juice and cilantro.

With the tortillas, corn tortillas, i like to brush em with water, stackem up wrap in foil and put in the oven for 5 minutes. the water/steam softens them up very nicely.