Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TinaRied

moving house & water heater

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I want to move my gas hot water and house furance to make a utility room instead of them all over the basement. When I do how do I remove the concrete foundations they are on now? Also is it posssible to move the eletric panel?

water tank and furnace probably sitting on concrete pad or blocks. depending on the size you may be able to pick them up and move them with help. if not a sledge hammer will be your friend.wink.gif

as far as the electrical panel anything is possible, depends on how much $$ you want to spend.

View Postwater tank and furnace probably sitting on concrete pad or blocks. depending on the size you may be able to pick them up and move them with help. if not a sledge hammer will be your friend.wink.gif

as far as the electrical panel anything is possible, depends on how much $$ you want to spend.

Yupyup.

"if it works, don't fix it"

unless you have money to burn, as they say

if you haven't been there for a year or so, i would tend to concentrate on making sure the rest of the house is squared away- the project you describe CAN be done, but whether or not it SHOULD be done is another question

it would suck to have spent a pile of dough on "whimsical" projects only to find out you need a roof and are out of money

just my .02