All American Outdoor disappears after payment

Rate this topic

polyrandom

I wrote this post just to remind everyone who wants to buy reels or other items from All American Outdoors (AAO) (http://******************************/).

I ordered a ZeeBaaS reel and other stuffs from them more than 1 year ago and paid. I received other stuffs and the reel was said to be unavailable and I was asked to wait.

I waited for a year and still haven't received the reel (in this case, it is not AAO's fault, as ZeeBaaS hasn't made it.) so I asked AAO to refund. They told me that as PayPal fee involved, I must pay for the PayPal fee by myself.

I agreed.

They refunded part (less than half) of the money to me and then use all kind of excuse to delay the refund.

I failed to contact them since this Feb or Mar as their phone is down and they don't reply my emails.

I would recommend anyone who is going to place an order to think twice.

If anyone happens to live in the same area as them, please let me know as I might need your help as you can ask them in person.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

contact paypal- they're buyer freindly.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

View PostWhat is that in numbers? How much you paid, what is the paypal fee, and how much did they refund?

1. For ZeeBaaS reel, I paid on 21/Sept/07 for USD 1169.1

2. They refunded me USD 420 on 22/Sept/08 and that's it.

From April this year, they started to disappear. I checked their website, they said that their phone is down and they haven't got it fixed till now. They are still accepting orders.

It is ok for me to wait if they encounter any special difficulties but I am just afraid that they are trying to get more orders without delivery goods/refund (Otherwise I think it should take less than 1 month to fix a land line).

I know this post wouldn't help me on getting my money back, but I post it so other people will not face the same problem.

Contact Paypal and file a buyers dispute on the transaction. They will take the money from the sellers account immediately and hold it untill the dispute is settled. Thats what you pay the paypal fees for so you may as well take advantage of your rites.

View PostContact Paypal and file a buyers dispute on the transaction. They will take the money from the sellers account immediately and hold it untill the dispute is settled. Thats what you pay the paypal fees for so you may as well take advantage of your rites.

Not too sure after 1 1/2 years that paypal protection still applies, why would anybody wait this long to take action. A fool and his money are soon parted, sorry to say it but this guy was played like a violin.

I am not sure if the long period since payment could cause your claim to be rejected, but try to contact your credit card issuer and get a charge back. Paypal won't help you because most frauds move funds from their paypal accounts to safety quickly so that when paypal freezes it has only a couple of dollars. Won't hurt to contact paypal anyhow and see what they are willing to do.

A friend of mine had a bad experience with AAO when he tried to buy an Evergreen spinning reel even though I warned him not to deal with them, but thankfully he acted fast and got a charge back. Paypal limited his account (as they do every time someone charges them back), but he discarded it and opened a new one.

Very sorry and hope your bank can get your money back.

Definitely contact your credit card company as you do have emails to back up your side of the story right? As long as they are accepting credit cards for transaction, they will be able to get your money back. Also, contact Zeebass, since it seems to be their fault that the reel was never produced and delivered. I would escalate to a supervisor at Zeebass, and if they cannot give you a reel for your trouble, continue up the ladder until you reach the CEO or President of the company. At the very least, they should discontinue to do business with this company.

It sounds like it'sa scam but how could they still be operating? Their prices are insane...too good to be true.

"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you can sell him rods, reels, and tackle for a lifetime." Author unknown
AMSA #852

View PostIt sounds like it'sa scam but how could they still be operating? Their prices are insane...too good to be true.

It's not a scam, yes thier prices are insane. Bought a Zeebaas from them a year ago for $764. It took almost 6 months to get it. Spoke to him on the phone and I told him in the beggining that he could use the credit card number to "hold" the item and to charge it when the reel was shipped. After 1 month pasted, I was very dissapointed not to have received the reel. I called and e-mailed him once a week for the next 4 months. It came to point where I threatened to file a complaint against him to the Better Business Bureau. His response was "It's not me, it's zeebaas". I called Wendy at Zeebaas and she said that they would send it out right away. I got the feeling from Wendy that Zeebaas was not happy that All American Outdoors was an official retailer of theirs. I think the low pricing had something to do with that. After I received the reel, I went back to AAO's site, and they had the Zeebaas in the reels section but you could no longer purchase from them. My feeling is that there was/is bad blood between ZB & AAO.

- Life is a waiting room, I hope they don't call me soon...... 

- Thomas Jefferson - "The course of history shows that as government grows, liberty decreases"

Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind that moves it. It flies with the breath of every fallen solider who protected it.

View PostIt's not a scam, yes thier prices are insane. Bought a Zeebaas from them a year ago for $764. It took almost 6 months to get it. Spoke to him on the phone and I told him in the beggining that he could use the credit card number to "hold" the item and to charge it when the reel was shipped. After 1 month pasted, I was very dissapointed not to have received the reel. I called and e-mailed him once a week for the next 4 months. It came to point where I threatened to file a complaint against him to the Better Business Bureau. His response was "It's not me, it's zeebaas". I called Wendy at Zeebaas and she said that they would send it out right away. I got the feeling from Wendy that Zeebaas was not happy that All American Outdoors was an official retailer of theirs. I think the low pricing had something to do with that. After I received the reel, I went back to AAO's site, and they had the Zeebaas in the reels section but you could no longer purchase from them. My feeling is that there was/is bad blood between ZB & AAO.

It could result from the fact that AAO is not living up to the Fair Trade Pricing agreement they signed with ZB to be allowed to retail the reels in the first place.

If a retailer breaks its promise to a manufacturer--how confident should I be in dealing with them?

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

View PostIt could result from the fact that AAO is not living up to the Fair Trade Pricing agreement they signed with ZB to be allowed to retail the reels in the first place.

If a retailer breaks its promise to a manufacturer--how confident should I be in dealing with them?

While agree with you to some extent, I would think the low pricing would drum up more business for the manufacturer. However, I'm not a business owner and never will be. I do feel bad for the original poster, his only recourse would be file a complaint with the BBB and his credit card company.

- Life is a waiting room, I hope they don't call me soon...... 

- Thomas Jefferson - "The course of history shows that as government grows, liberty decreases"

Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind that moves it. It flies with the breath of every fallen solider who protected it.

The guy that owns that place registered here three different times, was removed each time, has slandered other manufacturers publicly to the point of putting up websites specifically to slander them, offered free reels (that never arrived), promised to send out reels to people to test here (never arrived) even offered to send one reel to be auctioned off - it never arrived. Without question, I would never, ever, under any circumstances, do business with them.

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I believe they are drop order only. It seems that they sell many different manufactures products. Now, I could be wrong, but that is how they appear to me.

I hope you get this worked out.icon14.gif

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><