Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobPop

New Tuffleye Flex

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

TUFFLEYE has a new member of its BLUE light activated GOO and premiered it here in Lake Charles, Louisiana FFF CONCLAVE. Its a flexible, clear material to use for a number of patterns old and new. Its like the hard acrylic but, flexible, realistic feel of a natural baitfish or critter. Durable, non-yellowing and crystal clear. Even sets up faster than the CORE, about half the time. Gives a surf candy a natural feel when held. GREAT for ultra shrimp and crab patterns. Even possible to mimic a gummy minnow feel. Applied exactly as the core, through the syringe onto the material and hit with the blue light. ALMOST like having instant silicone!

POST QUESTIONS and I'll try to respond asap when I get back to Jersey. This is exciting goo!

BobPop

View PostWhat is the shelf life of this product? I'm reluctant to get into this stuff if the product only last one season. FishHawk

is there a shelf life on the original tuff? im still having issues with tackiness even after many rub downs with alcohol

View Postis there a shelf life on the original tuff? im still having issues with tackiness even after many rub downs with alcohol

Me too, I threw out a bunch of gooey flies when I first started using it. Now I just stick with the hardhead. If they fix the slimey residue issue I'll buy the stuff in 5 gallon containers.

bob can you make a surf candy or something as a sample?smile.gif i have the regular tuffleye and i love it.i wonder if is the same process based on timing,like a 30 second HIT with the blue light.

and i hope i don't hear from some people who use it,IT'S YELLOWING.cwm31.gif

nice to see something new.

saw the new material at the GCC conclave .The wheels in my head began spinning into overload with all the possibilities.And what a great resource you guys have in Bobpop . Great guy . I wish I could have bent his ear a bit more but he allways had a croud of people waiting to see him tie or just get to talk to him.His previous flies lend themselves very nice to this new material

and his new creations should be made illeagal in some states . Definite fish getters. I can't wait to try this new material and see what I can create with it.

Fred

Bob- is it left with a tacky finish after curing like the others?(needs to be wiped down after curing)

is there a shelf life

how thick is it

i'm very diassapointed after about 3 months of use with teh tuffleye between the core being really thick and full of bubbles and the finish being really yellow. don't want to write it off yet, perhaps this new stuff might be the ticket.

View PostBob- is it left with a tacky finish after curing like the others?(needs to be wiped down after curing)

is there a shelf life

how thick is it

i'm very diassapointed after about 3 months of use with teh tuffleye between the core being really thick and full of bubbles and the finish being really yellow. don't want to write it off yet, perhaps this new stuff might be the ticket.

E-mail the Tuffeye people & he will give you a number to call & will walk you through it. You may have gotten a bad batch which he will gladly replace!

Flex is great. Bob showed it to a few of us and it works. If you go the Tuffleye rout, it looks like it is a must. I just placed an order yesterday and cant wait for it to come. Bob did an Ultra Shrip on a jig hook with silly legs that has to be one of the best shrimps ever. Time to crank up the BLUE LIGHT.

Question,

Does the new flex stuff resist cracking better than the core, while I like using the core, I've found that it cracks easier than 5min epoxy at times, especially when used in surf candy patterns. I like the idea of the flex stuff especially if it resist cracking better, which I'm thinking it might.

Thanks,

CD

Everything about the FLEX is the same as the CORE. Same consistency, dries clear, tacky surface quickly removed with alcohol, DOES NOT SHATTER, no fumes, actually dries in half the time too. Feels natural. But you need to realize it's like rubber and rubber feels different than glass like finish. Like sliding your finger across the bottom of a sneaker. No problems on this end.

I use it on surf candies and ultra shrimp mostly. Spread FLEYES, stick candies and those type FLEYES. But many other apps are everywhere. I recommend trying it asap. You will be hooked on it.

One post script is that I do not use any hard as nails for final coat. I just leave it natural. It shines when in the water.

BobPop