Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sea Flat

Isn't this wrong?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

A friend of a friend was walking down the canal the other morning and a fisherman called to her, "Hey, do you want a striped bass?"

Long story short, this guy had three fish on the rocks and when he caught a bigger one he was trying to give away his first fish which was the smallest.

I personally do not get it and think it is irresponsible as a fisherman to do this with our awesome fish, the striped bass, but i am curious as to what others think.

View PostHad he asked an EPO officer he would have learned just how wrong he was.

Yeah, I know that!!

So many things wrong with this to me I do not know where to begin!!!mad.gif

View Post

Long story short, this guy had three fish on the rocks and when he caught a bigger one he was trying to give away his first fish which was the smallest.

Yes it's wrong. Someone asked me one day during last year's spring blitz...same deal and DJ confirmed it was wrong. I politely refused and told him I'd catch my own, then went on to get skunked for the morning tongue.gif

Once you take the second fish, go home.

Fire up the grill, crack a beer, put on the Red Sox, and tell the wife you're too tired to do work around the house because fishing took a lot out of you.

Goes on all the time. Guys who do that are pig2.gif IMO. I've never understood why guys feel compelled to keep every legal bass they catch. You know they're not eating all that fish.shakehead.gif

Agreed, total BS. I've been out 4 times this season, all within the last week. In this short time I've already witnessed a large amount of herring poaching and the keeping of very short fish. What's wrong with people???

View PostAgreed, total BS. I've been out 4 times this season, all within the last week. In this short time I've already witnessed a large amount of herring poaching and the keeping of very short fish. What's wrong with people???

Ignorance and greed. That's what's wrong with people.

I'll leave it at that because threads like this get me fired up...and we all know where that leads. beatin.gif

It is like some people have to prove that they are good or successful fisherman and the only way to do so is to bring fish home. I can understand a fish here and there, but every night limiting out?

Don't even get me started on party boats that go out for stripers!!!mad.gif

Not so fast. Methinks many of you protest too loudly. Say you are fishing with a friend and you both want fish for the 4th of July cookout. You get two, while he gets none. After ceaselessly busting his hump, and just before you both need to leave, you catch a third, the largest of the day. Is that fish going back? If he is driving? If it is his boat? Three fish by one fisherman, all kept, all eaten........just because you know the guy it makes it all alright? Is it really that much different? How?

View PostNot so fast. Methinks many of you protest too loudly. Say you are fishing with a friend and you both want fish for the 4th of July cookout. You get two, while he gets none. After ceaselessly busting his hump, and just before you both need to leave, you catch a third, the largest of the day. Is that fish going back? If he is driving? If it is his boat? Three fish by one fisherman, all kept, all eaten........just because you know the guy it makes it all alright? Is it really that much different? How?

I get what you are saying. Sounds like a bit of a stretch. In this instance I do not think it is that bad, but finding random passers by to give fish to? Plus, I would assume/hope that the fishermen in your example would not be trying to limit out and get as much fish as possible everytime they fish.

View PostNot so fast. Methinks many of you protest too loudly. Say you are fishing with a friend and you both want fish for the 4th of July cookout. You get two, while he gets none. After ceaselessly busting his hump, and just before you both need to leave, you catch a third, the largest of the day. Is that fish going back? If he is driving? If it is his boat? Three fish by one fisherman, all kept, all eaten........just because you know the guy it makes it all alright? Is it really that much different? How?

That's a little different than that the guy at the top of the page. The difference is two guys fishing together vs. a guy fishing alone and hoping someone will come alone to make him "legal".

By extrapolation, could have caught and kept 100 fish and hoped a hungry marching band would come down the access road to bail him.Silly, yes. He didn't do that, i know, but he was beyond his limit. The two guys together aren't.