Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Confused

Fishing Reel Help

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone - i am new to the board and was hoping i could get some help. I would like to buy a fishing reel for my dad for his birthday and i have no clue what to buy. i have heard him talk about van stalls alot but wouldnt even know where to start - i am sure there are different model #s and types to that brand.. i appreciate any help i get. He fishes all over but mostly down the cape (MA). He does go to California and New York alot to fish as well-dont know if that makes a difference. He has a fishing boat but enjoys to just fish from the sand when he is with family

Suggestion--it's really nice of you to try to figure this out and get him a great gift, but since you seem to not really know the basics of what he'd like/use, how about a gift certificate to a sporting goods store? Most of the big online ones carry Van Staals if you want to go that route (and realize how much they cost)--but in any case, they'll have a big enough selection he'll be able to find something he likes. Reel choice is a pretty personal preference--the guys here can steer you in the right direction with a bit more info, but only your dad will really know what is the best for the type of fishing his is planning on doing. Good luck.