Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Poll: Would you buy a Chinese made GM?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Depends what the quality of the car is like. Given that GM's shutting down its high-performance wing (thus no more Caddy CTS-V's or Cobalt SS Turbo's) over the same time-frame, I find that less likely, and my next car will probably be more along the lines of a Nissan 370z or Subaru WRX.

no, I dont trust anything thats made there, I'm convince they have declared war and are trying kill us off with one faulty product at a time.

View PostI'll buy a Honda, made by Americans in America

Buying a Japanese-made car from a Japanese car company isnt wrong. You know where the money's going and what youre paying for. I remeber some pretty aggressive anti-Japan marketing from GM in the 80's when they were getting their asses handed to them. Oh how times change!

No, I wouldn't.

I've spent the last few years TRYING to buy some decent product from China and India, and I can't do it.

Neither one can consistantly make a good enough product for my needs.

And worse yet, they can't even tell when it sucks! mad.gif

View PostI'll buy a Honda, made by Americans in America

Reg,

Hope you are being sarcastic. Honda may be ASSEMBLED here but it sure isn't manufactured here. And, of course, the profits go to Japan, Inc. Ford and Jeep both make good products. At least take a good look at them.

At this time in our economic history, I think anyone who buys foreign is cutting their own throat. Got the right, of course, but I believe it is counterproductive.

The question may be better off if asked- in 3 years do you think you will be able to buy any type of car?

One home owner in 347 was mailed a foreclosure notice last month..

View PostReg,

Hope you are being sarcastic. Honda may be ASSEMBLED here but it sure isn't manufactured here. And, of course, the profits go to Japan, Inc. Ford and Jeep both make good products. At least take a good look at them.

At this time in our economic history, I think anyone who buys foreign is cutting their own throat. Got the right, of course, but I believe it is counterproductive.

I bought a new car 2 1/2 years ago. I looked into them and what I found was that most Chrysler products were garbage, GM was a waste of my time as their cars are poorly reviewed and a LOT of their cars are either manufactured, assembled etc in MEXICO, and Ford was getting good reviews after years of bad reviews. I wanted to buy the Ford to support the USA, but couldn't risk getting hammered with BIG repair bills later. I am not rich and living in NY most of my money is taken in taxes to support those who don't work. I am not made of money and I needed a car I could rely on and would be safe for my family. I then found out that MANY HONDAS are made in the USA by AMERICANS. That sealed the deal for me , especially after finding out that "AMERICAN," car companies are making cars in foreign countries then bringing them here and waving the US flag to sell them.

That was my car buying experience, probably not to be repeated for another 8 years ( I hope ).

It's similar to buying a fishing reel -- made in USA, or Japan = GOOD

Made in China, Mexico etc = Bad